Morbid curiosity. Upgrade times?

Did you guys text each other and come up with this new narrative? "Flat out lie." Yeah right. Listen pardner, I was on SA at Envoy AND AA for a bit. I know the players and have inside information that none of you have OK. I've proven that many times here, but mostly on other forums. I've only tried to pass along good information for the benefit of all but most of you here can't see beyond your foggles to get the big picture.
It absolutely is false. Other airlines have upgrades occurring more quickly than two years.

Again, I don’t care if you read or respond. This is for the readers who might not know better.

Did you guys text each other and come up with this new narrative? "Flat out lie." Yeah right. Listen pardner, I was on SA at Envoy AND AA for a bit. I know the players and have inside information that none of you have OK. I've proven that many times here, but mostly on other forums. I've only tried to pass along good information for the benefit of all but most of you here can't see beyond your foggles to get the big picture.
Is SA short airplane? The equivalent of the short bus.

Good time to bid reserve? You'd have to live at a base. Somebody on the B and G was complaining about all the Z lines at 80 plus hours.
From a quick glance at the snapshot I can’t even hold reserve sitting at 60% in base. Reserve lines went quick this time around. A few of the ONT day time lines are at 80hrs of credit. Those are known to have long days but there’s a few that have commercials in the middle of the trip now. I was looking at ANC 74 lines to see if I wanted to bid up there and I was surprised to see block amounts in the 60hr range. Maybe it’s always been that way but it seems like a lot of flying for international.

You can only learn the acronyms if you heed the advice. Go to the Voy. Embrace the Voy. Smell the Voy. Mmmmmmmm
8biosk.jpg

Upgrade at American Airlines now officially down to May 2022. About 1 year and 9 months. Upgrade at the Voy is as soon as you meet the requirements. Then you flow on over and have the seriously quick route to the left seat on the AA side.

Upgrade at American Airlines now officially down to May 2022. About 1 year and 9 months. Upgrade at the Voy is as soon as you meet the requirements. Then you flow on over and have the seriously quick route to the left seat on the AA side.

Are you getting in on that action? Or are you stuck at the Office?

Are you getting in on that action? Or are you stuck at the Office?
My SA ended a while ago. However, I've been approached and asked about taking part in another SA project that will start soon so I fully expect to be back over at the palace inside a couple of months.

Ha ha. Real funny trying to stir up a debate about something that's already been established. It IS the same. Just a different department. If you're working in the Auto shop at Sears and transfer to men's clothing, it's a simple departmental move. Same thing applies here.
Once again, I am not trying to egg on “Dacuj”, or get into a discussion with “him”. This is for anybody who might not happen to be in the know.

Envoy and AA are not the same. Their pay scales aren’t shared. They are union contracts are different. They do not share the same seniority system. They do not fly the same aircraft. They do not enjoy the same 401(k) benefits.

And while a sub two-year upgrade is phenomenal, it is factually incorrect to say that it is the best thing around right now.

Once again, I am not trying to egg on “Dacuj”, or get into a discussion with “him”. This is for anybody who might not happen to be in the know.

Envoy and AA are not the same. Their pay scales aren’t shared. They are union contracts are different. They do not share the same seniority system. They do not fly the same aircraft. They do not enjoy the same 401(k) benefits.

And while a sub two-year upgrade is phenomenal, it is factually incorrect to say that it is the best thing around right now.

But! But! I saw 2 737s and 2 E175s in BNA and it bought a tear to my eye!

Meanwhile, those used to be F100s at the real mAAinline…

Meanwhile, those used to be F100s at the real mAAinline…
THIS! Let's talk more about this.

The RJs were born around 1996 at Comair as 50 seat airplanes designed for hub feed, hub bypass, and to raid competitor hubs.

At the time there were a few - not many - but a few more than 50 seat commuters. United Feeder Service flew the Jetstream 61 - the ATP (advanced turboprop). Some other airlines flew the Saab 2000, the ATR72, and later the Dash 8 Q400.

The lions share of commuters though were almost exclusively hub feed to support the mainline.

Mainline, incidentally started in the 65-100 seat range with the Bac1-11, Fokker 28, Fokker 100, DC9-10, DC9-30, 737-200, BAe146.

Those were good mainline jobs with mainline pay scales, mainline work rules, and mainline retirement.

Airline management decides that if they play a rhetorical game and call an airplane "regional" they can get ALPA to scope it away where it can be flown by B-scale employees that bid against one another to be the lowest paid employees. (Until very recently)

EVERY SINGLE RJ that is purchased equals a dozen or so fewer MAINLINE jobs. We shouldn't celebrate RJ orders, we should condemn them.

We are our own worst enemies, and have been so for almost 30 years.

Back