MMTO

Phew! Ok, good. You had me worried there. All is well now. I'm happy again. Back to originally scheduled programing.

3 times this year makes my goal a little more achievable. I aim to one day fly as little as you do at SJ. Afterall, #MMMTO

And everyone is also entitled to his own opinion. Your opinion is that it's normal to "dream" about being a wage slave, my opinion is that it's absurd. We aren't going to agree.
Apparently the pilot in question is not allowed his own opinion or choice however, according to you. I never mentioned or said anything about being a wage slave. In fact, what I stated and tried to explain to you was quite the opposite. Really, your thinking/reasoning makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I also don't think you'll ever understand/get the concept that's it's perfectly fine/acceptable for others to have desires that are not like your own.

Last edited:
He isnt wearing a hat in that picture
NP5_L.jpg

Better?

Here's the angle I take. @ATN_Pilot already knows. And even though you may not like his opinion, I think it provides a perspective which brings some light to the issue. Airplanes are cool, worth downgrading to fly? Not too sure but I also don't know the guy's situation.

It's largely a 'fluff' article. You know, like in "Good Morning Vietnam" where "Grunt does good for village kid" news story that the producer was after. But none of us can really extrapolate the person in question's situation much more than what you or I would do.

If and when (giggle) those Airbus 350 XWB's show up at the jet base at KATL, the idea of downgrading from 320 captain to 350 FO sounds like something at which I would scream "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"
I never said I discounted @ATN_Pilot 's opinion, to each his own. I don't like the fact that if someones opinion differs from his he seemingly dismisses them as inferior. For all I know I could end up in Bumblefork GA and meet him and start a great friendship.

I never said I discounted @ATN_Pilot 's opinion, to each his own. I don't like the fact that if someones opinion differs from his he seemingly dismisses them as inferior. For all I know I could end up in Bumblefork GA and meet him and start a great friendship.

Great quote from Esquire, paraphrased as I don't remember exactly it but "you can completely disagree with some really good people"

Back