"Missing" Certificates on FAA registry?

HeyEng

So if a pilot's (CSEL/CMEL/CFI/MEI and A&P) information on the FAA database shows "Certificates-NONE" and a current class I, what would this mean? Certificates never issued (as in he's full of crap) or perhaps revoked by the feds? I know the database goes back a LONG way (my Granddad's stuff goes back to the 50's) but I think something is fishy...

So if a pilot's (CSEL/CMEL/CFI/MEI and A&P) information on the FAA database shows "Certificates-NONE" and a current class I, what would this mean? Certificates never issued (as in he's full of crap) or perhaps revoked by the feds? I know the database goes back a LONG way (my Granddad's stuff goes back to the 50's) but I think something is fishy...

Can you post a link where you can check certs?

You can opt out of your data being listed publicly.

I think it is mandatory that your name and certs are listed but that you can opt out of your address and other personal information being in the public domain. Make sure they weren't issued under another name (first or last) or the site won't search correctly.

I was running some analyses of new certificates/ratings for someone a few years ago, and found the data somewhat unreliable. People I knew had been pilots for 50 years showed up with no certificates one month, then with a full range of ratings the next.

Wouldn't be the first time a big database had some missing data. With hundreds of thousands of pilots' information on there, even 99.9% accuracy leaves many incorrect records - at some point (several points) the data passes through a human who makes a typo or skips a record.

Or he could be full of carp. :D

I opted out as well. At least I think I did!

("I'm a plumber!" "Nuh uh! I'm checking the registry!" :))

Data missing from the DB, that makes sense. You can opt out of the address, but that is it. You can't opt out of the actual certs. Better watch Doug...I'm hunting you down!!!

(Never mind the 87 other public databases that can be used find you) :).

I always thought it would be pretty hard to track someone if they tried REAL hard to hide out, but my SO used to be a PI and "illustrated" some of the tools of the trade...man that is scary!!!

Oh yeah...here is the site:

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

I opted out as well. At least I think I did!

("I'm a plumber!" "Nuh uh! I'm checking the registry!" :))

Dough!!! You can run but you can't hide!!

DOUGLAS LEE TAYLOR

Address

Address is not available

Medical

Medical Class: FirstMedical Date: 5/2008

Certificates
1 of 3
DOI:3/10/2008Certificate:AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Rating(s):AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LANDCOMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Type Ratings
A/B-757 A/B-767 A/BE-1900 A/DC-9

Limits
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.BE-1900 SECOND IN COMMAND REQUIRED.DC-9 SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY.B-757 B-767 CIRC. APCH. - VMC ONLY.

Here, threw my own up as well..

XXXXX MICHAEL XXXXXX

Address

Address is not available

Medical

Medical Class: FirstMedical Date: 8/2007
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.

Certificates
1 of 2
DOI:2/26/2008Certificate:AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Rating(s):AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LANDCOMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND GLIDER

Type Ratings
A/B-757 A/B-767 A/L-300 A/N-265

Limits
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.B-757 B-767 CIRC. APCH. - VMC ONLY.

Looks like all of mine are correct:

Staplegun

Address

Address is not available

Medical
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 7/2008

MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES FOR NEAR AND DISTANT VISION.

Certificates
1 of 2
1 2

DOI: 12/31/2007
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Rating(s):
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
ROTORCRAFT-HELICOPTER
INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER

Type Ratings
A/B-757 A/B-767 A/B-777 A/DC-9

Limits
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Page 2

Address

Address is not available

Medical
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 1/2008

MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES FOR NEAR AND DISTANT VISION.

Certificates
2 of 2
1 2

DOI: 2/11/2008
Certificate: FLIGHT ENGINEER
Rating(s):
FLIGHT ENGINEER
TURBOJET POWERED

Limits
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Kevin

You can opt out of your data being listed publicly.

just the address... i have mine blocked out, so it doesn't show my addy. but it has to show ratings

now whats really weird is my inst rating doesn't show there....

I'm gonna email them about it now

How does one remove the address info from the registry? Thanks

You need to make the request to remove your address in writing to the FAA. I have the address somewhere. Maybe someone else has it on hand, but I will still look tonight, on my desk, which is organized chaos.

Found it sooner than I thought!

Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082

For Commercial Delivery Services (FedEx, UPS, etc):

Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760
6425 South Denning Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73169-6937

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Oh snap. I guess I've got to re-add that to the "to do" list!

Even though I run a freaking website, I'm actually a very private person.

I've tried to figure out if you can opt out on the aircraft registry too. I haven't found the info...I guess you'd have to have a "ghost" address like John Travolta has for his "toys".

The "Holy Grail" of records is property taxes/records. Almost all counties now have them online. Some you can see the loan docs, taxes, liens...it's really disturbing what kind of info you can dig up on people. Around here the ONLY way you can mask your info is if you are a cop or part of the criminal justice system.

I too am a private person and hate that so much of my personal life is out there for anyone to see.

John Doe

Back