Minimum wage thing

A 42% payraise would suit me.

With wages cut 30%, you would have to raise the new wage by 42% to return to the old level.

Math:
100k reduced to 70k (30% cut)
70k * 1.42 = 99k (42% raise)

or
30% raise: 70K *1.3=91k (still short 9 thousand!)

In other words, we're screwed... might as well stay at my current job.

A 42% payraise would suit me.

With wages cut 30%, you would have to raise the new wage by 42% to return to the old level.

Math:
100k reduced to 70k (30% cut)
70k * 1.42 = 99k (42% raise)

or
30% raise: 70K *1.3=91k (still short 9 thousand!)

In other words, we're screwed... might as well stay at my current job.

your ideas are relevant to my interests, sir. i would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

And how long have you worked for the FAA? Seems to me like you accepted the job at the lower pay band, otherwise you wouldn't need the 30% pay cut back as all you would have lost was your "bonuses". I guess only everyone who comes after you should turn the job down, right?

WOW, impressed with that one. IMO, there isn't a job on earth that is worth paying the company to do the job!

ahhh come on man...dont be ignant

change your avatar you creten. I will not tolerate your attempts to bescumber this forum by displaying pictures of your shard-born microphallus!!

be gone with you!

(I'm not really being mean.. but.. come on dude.. boxers only? for real? i don't know/don't care who that is.. but.. yeah.. it's kinda weird....)

I don't think they allow members of NAMBLA to work for the FAA. Maybe you should consider another line of work, Bippoptl.

Put me in a F-22 or B-52 and I will work for free w/ pleasure serving my country!!!

Working for free and paying to work are completely different things! Most people have to pay for training or education. Occassionally, people have to work for free in order to get intern hours needed for education. I have never heard of anyone that has paid their employer for allowing them to work there. As for a real job, I don't want to have to pay someone to be their slave.

Yeah...flying in a F-22 or B-52 would be awesome...more so for the Raptor in my opinion. I would work/fly one of those for free gladly. Heck, every other time I am up in a plane I have to pay to be there!

***psssssst*** it's RAPTOR ***ahem***

haha... well, if you REALLY think about it.. given how many fundamentalists we have in The Administration.. you COULD realistically call it the Rapture ;)

"Tell me when lord, tell me when.. let me be your servant lord"
-Bill Hicks

Back