Minimum wage thing

A 42% payraise would suit me.

With wages cut 30%, you would have to raise the new wage by 42% to return to the old level.

Math:
100k reduced to 70k (30% cut)
70k * 1.42 = 99k (42% raise)

or
30% raise: 70K *1.3=91k (still short 9 thousand!)

In other words, we're screwed... might as well stay at my current job.

I know the cost of living in NorCal is much higher than it is here but if I could get a job that paid me 70K in Houston, oh lawdy I'd be in heaven...

***psssssst*** it's RAPTOR ***ahem***

That's what it says. I don't know what your a smoking, but you should share! ;)

Sorry, it was REALLY late when I was typing that and my mind wasn't processing anything well, much less grammar (something that I suck with anyway).

haha... well, if you REALLY think about it.. given how many fundamentalists we have in The Administration.. you COULD realistically call it the Rapture ;)

"Tell me when lord, tell me when.. let me be your servant lord"
-Bill Hicks

Man, Raydon....sometimes I just dont know what to think of you...

First, I see you use the term "microphallus", and thats cool, because I had a hamster with that name back in the day.

Then I see you quote Bill Hicks, and I get slightly dissapointed.

... and do you have a POINT to the last post? how anti-climactic of you..

besides.. you don't see me judging you for your little leslie nielsen avatar.. >gag<

That's not Leslie Nielson, that's Lloyd Bridges you philistine...

ah, I thought there was only one old geezer in that movie.. forgot.

if I'm a philistine because I can't discern one crappy slapstick comedian from another I'll take it as a compliment.

you'd get more culture by watching "after hours" by martin scorsese than you would by watching the airplane flicks.. and that's not saying much.. THEY'RE JUST MOVIES. you know.. the epitome of REAL culture.

lol!

grumpybaby.jpg

i know da feeling mang

Raydon - it is good to enjoy humor at all levels.

also, I changed my avatar for you.

Please advise if it is to "low brow" for you tastes and I shall modify it again.

Just screwing with you man....how you been? have not heard from you in a while.....

I love your avatar!

I've been ok.. going insane.. trying to pretend to be interested in getting through school (when in all actuality I just want to get out to OKC already)

Drinking to keep myself company.. crying over my ex.. you know how it goes..:p

I'm going to confide in everyone here.. it's REALLY hard to tell how to act on these damn forums.. I mean.. we're all trying to get this rather prestigious (come on.. it's bad ass) job with the FAA so there's this strange stiff collar.. "keep it straight and narrow" kind of vibe sometimes but then.. well.. you know the OTHER half.

I guess the social dynamics are hard for me to read and I'm getting confused trying to figure it out on top of dealing with the real world so i HAVE been a bit of a ghost. I'm always trolling.. just not posting as much i guess.

Back