Mike Boyd on the GM corporate jets thing

The time may come, but it isn't here yet. I fly out of a reasonably busy corporate/GA oriented field but it does have the occasional DC-9 come in on a sports charter, and it's about 3 miles from a significant national landmark/downtown. I can ride my motorcycle out to the plane in my hoodie/blue jeans uniform after flipping the metal guard on a gate (no lock). I have to go LOOK for someone if I want to be challenged, and the challenge is usually "hey, can I help you find something?" There used to be surly underclass security guards, but apparently $6/hour wasn't in the budget this year. Even when they were around, some of the local freight trash (who shall remain nameless) once executed a classic pincer-movement on the Goodyear Blimp parked in the middle of the field and took them totally by surprise! Good thing I'm not a TERRARIST!

Hey now, I attended George Bush's school of grammar, punctuation, and diplomacy. If it's capitalized, it's deliberate.

Re: Ford & GM

Yep.

A friend of mine knows a guy who flew for GM on the G-V. He told me this afternoon he talked to him and there was a padlock on the hangar door this morning. Same for a guy that he knows at Ford.

Ouch. That is rough.

Back