Mig 29 SMT

Though I have no dog in this fight, and could personally care less, the point is that phonies are frowned upon, even if they aren't handing out advice. Not saying he is a phony, just sayin....

AirAlgerie has uploaded pictures of a jet so what?

The point is that Air Algerie did not post up some pics of Algerian MiG-29SMTs and say: "Hey guys, how about these sweet looking MiGs? Here are some pics I found..."

That would have been harmless, entertaining and helpful.

But he didn't do that.

Instead, contradicting all of the usually reliable sources, he said that these aircraft are in service right now, and that these pics, which he claimed that he'd taken, and that he implied he'd taken recently were taken very recently.

That's a pointless lie, or some mischievous disinformation.

It makes it appear as though Algeria has at least one more squadron of advanced, capable multi role tactical fighters than it actually has.

It makes it appear that MiG and the Russians are lying about the deliveries and returns of their aircraft.

That hacks me off, as, quite apart from Air Algerie treating us all like a bunch of gullible twits, it complicates my job.

It also gives greater credence to what is false information, and that could result in a less complete and less useful intelligence picture. That could conceivably be unhelpful to my country's air force, or for the air forces of some of my country's allies. I wonder if the 55th will be taking an extra look at Algeria, trying to figure out where these SMTs are (answer: Khalino, Kursk, Russia, chaps!) or whether the US Air Attache will be making fruitless trips into the desert.

The point is that Air Algerie did not post up some pics of Algerian MiG-29SMTs and say: "Hey guys, how about these sweet looking MiGs? Here are some pics I found..."

But he didn't do that.

Instead, contradicting all of the usually reliable sources, he said that these aircraft are in service right now, and that these pics, which he claimed that he'd taken, and that he implied he'd taken recently were taken very recently.

It makes it appear as though Algeria has at least one more squadron of advanced, capable multi role tactical fighters than it actually has.

It makes it appear that MiG and the Russians are lying about the deliveries and returns of their aircraft.

That hacks me off, as, quite apart from Air Algerie treating us all like a bunch of gullible twits, it complicates my job.

It also gives greater credence to what is false information, and that could result in a less complete and less useful intelligence picture. That could conceivably be unhelpful to my country's air force, or for the air forces of some of my country's allies. I wonder if the 55th will be taking an extra look at Algeria, trying to figure out where these SMTs are (answer: Khalino, Kursk, Russia, chaps!) or whether the US Air Attache will be making fruitless trips into the desert.

This doesn't sound like a news reporter, sounds more like an intelligence officer...

But he didn't do that.

Since when the Media is a Reliable source of information when it comes to Aviation ?
All the pictures posted in this thread Except the two last ones ARE MINE .
since you are a reporter/intelligence officer it works better for me the way you undrestood it .
and thanks to whomever called me fake.

OMG I dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are moved to fly a jet over Algeria, to see for yourself what is going on, then go ahead and do it! Just post pictures :)

Back