Mig 29 SMT

I'm puzzled.

Some of these photos looked familiar to me, and on further examination, I see that some were posted on the Algerian forum last Autumn.

eg:

http://forcesdz.forumactif.com/arme-de-l-air-f2/mig-29s-ub-smt-ubt-t2562-30.htm

and that they originally appeared on the Russian 'Strizhi' forum before that.

They certainly weren't taken within the past few days or weeks, so when exactly did you take them?

And - much as I'd like to believe that Algeria only returned some of its MiG-29SMTs and UBTs, and still retains some in service, I don't believe this to be the case.

You say that:
"3-ONLY 15 OF THE MIGS WERE RETURNED BACK BECAUSE THEY WERE USED AIRCRAFT AND NOT BRAND NEW CONTRARY TO THE CONTRACT TERMS."

http://www.mars.slupsk.pl/fort/mig/mig-29-dz.htm

suggests that only 15 (and perhaps only seven SMTs and one UBT) were actually delivered, while

http://mdb.cast.ru/mdb/1-2008/item3/article1/

says that only 15 were delivered, and that all were returned to the USSR from February 2008.

It may be coincidence, but a user 'Algeria 1' posted an old picture of a Bulgarian MiG-29 on the Algerian forum claiming that it was "algerianr*we tack this pic just 6day ago...."

http://forcesdz.forumactif.com/arme-de-l-air-f2/mig-29s-ub-smt-ubt-t2562-240.htm

26 Migs were delivered , 15 were returned 11 are still in algeria to this date
these are my pictures ,i posted them in a couple of other forums and i expected them to leak to other forums .
i cant tell you more than this .

I hate to say this but two websites I am a member over the last few years has had someone join with the same name (AirAlgerie) and the same story and turned out to be a fake.

I hate to say this but two websites I am a member over the last few years has had someone join with the same name (AirAlgerie) and the same story and turned out to be a fake.

Wow, do we have the Algerian version of Tomcatter happening? :confused:

i would like to know which websites these are , and read the threads if you have the links please post them here
im a Member of AAFDZ.FREE.FR , ALGERIE-FORUM.COM
JETCAREERS.COM , FLIGHTDECKSOLUTIONS.COM
and i have different usernames in all of them !

Thank you, it's very nice to meet you too!

I'm not trying to cause trouble, but obviously if the Algerians have kept some of the SMTs, it's dynamite, and as a journo working in the field of North African/Arabian Aerospace, I'm keen to learn (and report) the truth.
report to who?

If they are your pictures, then please tell us what date they were taken on.

Please tell us which 11 SMT/UBTs were left in Algeria.

I'm a journalist, I report the truth to my readers.

How did you get in the other jet in the formation?

Lets say i used my back of the days connections
as i was affiliated with the AAF (medical field)

He is asking why some photos are from FC12 and some from FC14.

i would like to know which websites these are , and read the threads if you have the links please post them here
im a Member of AAFDZ.FREE.FR , ALGERIE-FORUM.COM
JETCAREERS.COM , FLIGHTDECKSOLUTIONS.COM
and i have different usernames in all of them !

The two web sites are no longer active. PPW has taken their place.

If they are your pictures, then please tell us what date they were taken on.

Please tell us which 11 SMT/UBTs were left in Algeria.

I'm a journalist, I report the truth to my readers.

You might have well just told us you are the devil himself.

report to who?

Hey airalgerie, thanks for posting the pics. They are very cool! Just ignore the "journalist" who reports the "truth" (journalist who reports the truth...thats almost funny) and maybe he will just swim back to the bottom and continue feeding on the scraps and leave everyone alone.

Hey airalgerie, thanks for posting the pics. They are very cool! Just ignore the "journalist" who reports the "truth" (journalist who reports the truth...thats almost funny) and maybe he will just swim back to the bottom and continue feeding on the scraps and leave everyone alone.

Why the anger towards journalist/writers? From reading other boards and from looking at authoritative sources, it is REPORTED that the Algerians did return 15 -29s for defective workmanship. In another report, it says that after only 15 were delivered, the Algerians refused delivery of any more.

Truth is truth even if written by the devil. And an untruth is still an untruth even if spoken by a saint. :D

Why the anger towards journalist/writers? From reading other boards and from looking at authoritative sources, it is REPORTED that the Algerians did return 15 -29s for defective workmanship. In another report, it says that after only 15 were delivered, the Algerians refused delivery of any more.

Truth is truth even if written by the devil. And an untruth is still an untruth even if spoken by a saint. :D
i agree with you anchor
the fact of the matter is that the algerian gov never reports anything to anybody not even to their own journalists .
there is a lot of secrecy involved in this deal and to be honest i dont want to discuss any further details than this : 11 SMT's are still in algeria
26 were delivered to Oum El bouaghi Airforce base ( the biggest in algeria )
2 (FC12 and 14) are in laghouat airforce base
5 are in Tafraoui Airforce Base
1 is in OUargla Airforce base
1 is in Boufarik Airforce base
and the other two swing between khenchela , Biskra , tindouf and telaghma .
here are two more photos of the one stationed at Boufarik Airforce Base

5855_1121408366815_1575256686_298275_5448828_n.jpg

5855_1121408326814_1575256686_298274_346629_n.jpg

thanks mooney :beer:

FC-57 is pictured in the big MiG hangar at Lukhovitskii. Years ago.

I'm starting to smell a rat.

Mooneyguy,

That's infantile, chum.

A rat for who? I'm not sure you noticed this but.... WE ARE ALL PILOTS! WE LIKE PLANES! and when we can't walk up to them in person, WE TAKE PICTURES OF THEM TO SHARE!

I think the real issue here is that Russian made jets have glass cockpits! Their fighter jets may finally be catching up to our general aviation technology!:eek:

A rat for who? I'm not sure you noticed this but.... WE ARE ALL PILOTS! WE LIKE PLANES! and when we can't walk up to them in person, WE TAKE PICTURES OF THEM TO SHARE!

I think the real issue here is that Russian made jets have glass cockpits! Their fighter jets may finally be catching up to our general aviation technology!:eek:

The point is AirAlgrie is a fake:
http://elhangardetj.blogspot.com/2008/03/novedades.html

Mig-29SMT argelino, con serial "FC-57", fotografiado en Rusia recientemente. Próximo a entregar. Nótese la pértiga retráctil de reabastecimiento de combustible en vuelo.

Algerian Mig-29SMT with serial "FC-57", photographed in Russia recently. Near deliver. Note the pole retractable refueling in flight.​

Im not sure what exactly is going on here. All I see here are pictures of fighter jets. I don't know the background, and I really don't care. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion. AirAlgerie has uploaded pictures of a jet so what? We got planes to fly and pictures to take!

Im not sure what exactly is going on here. All I see here are pictures of fighter jets. I don't know the background, and I really don't care. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion. AirAlgerie has uploaded pictures of a jet so what? We got planes to fly and pictures to take!

No body likes a fake. People come to this site for advice and help and I for one like to know the guy giving me advice is who he said he is. That is why the about me is important.

About -=Deniz=- LocationLong IslandRatingsthe one where i can fly people through bad weather and get paid for it! So are you a 121/135 pilot?
Flight Timealot 500 is alot for some people
Aircraft TypeThe Big'uns A kingair is big to some people.

And with that am out.:crazy:

I don't know what you are trying to do. This is the pictures section. What advice are you gonna get about a picture of a mig. He was not telling you how to fly one or the cheapest place to get one, right?

And also too I don't know what you are trying to do by pulling up my PUBLIC profile. What if I was a 121 first officer, or an 135 SIC, in a SP IFR aircraft? How insecure is internet pilot Gonzo that now your inferring that I am a fake? I know many pilots as do most here, and I am pretty sure I met AirALgerie once at KFRG, I tend to beleive a pilot's word before the accusations against them. Im not fighting with you Gonzo, I'm just confused. I am not that good at determining photoshopped pics and I surely don't know what air force has what so instead of diverting your attention to me maybe you could use some of the extra time you now have (thanks to furlough, if you really are furloughed :)) to clear up the matter

Oh BTW, I do think a king air is huge, for that matter a baron is huge! I like the heavy controls though, they make me feel like a regional pilot. But on a serious note, I am satisfied with all I have been able to do and fly. I don't need to impress anybody, becuase I have done alot more before I graduated high school (flight time/experience wise) than some get to do in a lifetime, or at least half of a lifetime. I'd think you'd like to know that since your in the background investigating buisness :)

Back