Midwest’s remaining 717s could be grounded

Considering Alaska Airlines was in business about 30 years before Southwest I would say good for SW for raising the bar. Something that can be used in their next contract negotiations for Alaska.

Absolutely. SWA is raising the narrowbody bar. Glad someone is. There's too many VX, B6, AGT and RAHs lowering it.

Conclusions:

1. SWA isn't furloughing any pilots or returninig airplanes.
2. Alaska didn't contract to fly the routes that SWA isn't reducing.

Ipso facto, your post is completely irrelevant.

So since we are furloughing too, that makes it ok?

And since we are "undercutters" for flying different size equipment for less money (which is a silly comparison anyway..) what do you say to the fact that you fly a 73 for less than about 3 other carriers out there? Are you undercutting them to since you come to work everyday and agree to fly for those rates?

Man, I think you should quit and show management whats up!

Reminds me of the "Keep (blank) My (blank)!" campaign. Then six months later, "We're merging with (rhymes with SchnorfWest)"

Reminds me of this little jewel that still sits on the ramp in PHL.
Note the "Mission Accomplished" on the side.

Kinda makes me want to add "until....."

Attachments

• P5110004.jpg
    P5110004.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 32
No they didn't. They voted to accept arbitration.

Again, WRONG. Arbitration was a standard part of our contract for 20 years. We actually voted to remove arbitration. This is our first non-arbitrated contract in 3 decades.

You just don't tire of demonstrating your ignorance of the topics discussed in these threads, do you?

Again, WRONG. Arbitration was a standard part of our contract for 20 years. We actually voted to remove arbitration. This is our first non-arbitrated contract in 3 decades.

You just don't tire of demonstrating your ignorance of the topics discussed in these threads, do you?

You voted for that contract didn't you? Or was that "forced" on you as well?

The Alaska pilots had an arbitrated agreement forced on them. Keep in mind that those payrates were never voted on by their pilots.

Wait, wait, wait.

You mean to tell me that even if it was something forced upon them by mgmt, they are not responsible for that?

Kinda like how this flying was forced upon RAH pilots by mgmt?

Now, tell me again why we should quit our jobs.

Now tell me why the Alaska pilot group didn't collectively quit and storm out to show mgmt "what's up".

No they didn't. They voted to accept arbitration.

And once again, skydog demonstrates his ignorance. It used to be entertaining, but now it's just pathetic.

Wait, wait, wait.

You mean to tell me that even if it was something forced upon them by mgmt, they are not responsible for that?

Kinda like how this flying was forced upon RAH pilots by mgmt?

Now, tell me again why we should quit our jobs.

I never said you should. You must be thinking of someone else.

You voted for that contract didn't you? Or was that "forced" on you as well?

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Until the last go round we had MEC Ratification of contracts. The rank and file never got to vote on anything.

Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong?

I know. I think it's total BS they can't. Those Boeing guys did alright for themselves. The railway labor act cuts the bite out of the unions.

Agreed, yet it's better than nothing. Considering it's the damn Railway Labor Act.

Thankfully we will have a pro-labor President here in the next few months. Wouldn't be grand if we were able to get an "Airline Labor Act" in place instead of using a three quarters-century old Act for railway labor? :eek:

Nevertheless, to think that if McCain would have won the RLA would have surely disappeared in less than four years.

Re: Midwest’s remaining 717s could be grounded

Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong?

[ moderator hat OFF]

What if I were to say to you; "Don't you ever get tired of being perceived as a jerk?" I'm thinking that would promote a negative reaction from you, and probably not do much to convince you of the validity of my viewpoint, no matter how right I might be, eh?

I'm of the opinion that your posting/writing style tends to hurt your cause more than help. I'd really rather see you doing good things for your cause(s), because believe it or not I'm in agreement with a lot of what you preach.

Re: Midwest’s remaining 717s could be grounded

[ moderator hat OFF]

What if I were to say to you; "Don't you ever get tired of being perceived as a jerk?" I'm thinking that would promote a negative reaction from you, and probably not do much to convince you of the validity of my viewpoint, no matter how right I might be, eh?

I'm of the opinion that your posting/writing style tends to hurt your cause more than help. I'd really rather see you doing good things for your cause(s), because believe it or not I'm in agreement with a lot of what you preach.
Wait wait wait.....Velo's a preacher? ;)

Back