Midwest fly in date time and airport

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Heya everyone,

Here are all the details for the first Jetcareers.com Midwest fly in:

Where: Burke Lakefront airport in Cleveland, Ohio
When: 1:00 p.m. on August 10th
What: Lunch and BS sessions
FBO: I suggest Million Air, they've treated me wonderfuly every time I've gone there.

Do any of ya'll Cleveland folk have suggestions for where to go for lunch? If you do, please post them up here along with how much you think it'd cost to eat there.

Hope lots of ya'll can make it out!

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I'm there! Looking forward to meeting everyone...
smile.gif

I doubt I could convince any of my students to fly that far otherwise I'd be there. Someone please take pictures for the rest of us!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of ya'll Cleveland folk have suggestions for where to go for lunch?

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course...

Hornblower's Barge & Grill - seafood and steaks - (about a block from BKL) - $10-15
Hard Rock Cafe - (take RTA to Tower City $1.50 each way) - $31 - 40
The Winking Lizard - Burgers etc. (RTA again, and then a short walk) - $20
Fat Fish Blue - Cajun - (RTA) $31 - 40
Panini's - Awesome over-stuffed sandwiches. - $15

I'll think on some more places. If I had a van we'd be all set, but I drive a Neon so...I guess it depends on how many people show up.

Of course all the places that have RTA next to then can be walked. Just don't know how into walking everyone is.

The Indians are home that weekend so things downtown may be a bit crowded. But then again the Indians suck this year so we might not have a problem.

Anyhow, can't wait to meet you all in person.

Later.

Naunga

braidkid,

If there is ever an east coast fly in, try to make it as far to the west as you possibly can and I'll try to show up. I figure we'll punch each other in the face, have a beer and get along great
smile.gif

Oh boy I'm a jacka$$
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
braidkid,

If there is ever an east coast fly in, try to make it as far to the west as you possibly can and I'll try to show up. I figure we'll punch each other in the face, have a beer and get along great
smile.gif

Oh boy I'm a jacka$$
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!
grin.gif

Count my wife and I in. See you guys there! Too bad Doug doesn't have any trips to Cleveland. Pictures will be taken though.

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of ya'll Cleveland folk have suggestions for where to go for lunch?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hornblowers is a great place to eat. I usually eat there when I'm in the CLE area.

Hopefully I can be there but it'll be a drive in for me since I'm only 50 min. from the Cleveland area.

Hope to see you all there!

I'm in for sure, the drive up is not much of a problem from here but if anyone from down south is plannin on flying up there, let me know if you can swing through Dayton and pick my lazy a$$ up.
grin.gif

How far is Dayton from the Akron area (I'm too lazy to look)? If you want to chip in, I'll come get you...up to you. Or if you want to drive some of the way, I'll pick you up somewhere in between, I dont really care. I'll be flying a 182RG. Let me know...

That would be awesome EatSleep. I'm not real familiar with the area that Kent State is in so I can't really give you a distance estimate, but I would be more than happy to drive somewhere to make it a quicker trip for you. Columbus is only about an hour drive due east for me, so if it makes it easier on you I could drive there and we could make the flight up there from maybe OSU's airport. If you think it might work toss me a PM and we can hammer out the details

Thanks man

Matt

I'll chip in if someone picks me up at New Orleans Lakefront Airport (KNEW) I haven't been up in two months..... Come on guys!.......1....
Smokey............................................................

I'm in, kind of depending on whether or not I find a job soon. I am hoping to be a commercial pilot by then, and will definately make sure I am IFR current. Just haven't had the time to stay IFR current, since I've been too busy building time and finishing the commercial. I miss flying IFR and can't wait to get back to it! I'm also looking forward to BKL since I've never been there, and it'll be nice to finally meet some fellow JC addicts!

[ QUOTE ]
braidkid,

smile.gif

Oh boy I'm a jacka$$
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Always the good times, lol.

EatSleepFly, where are you located? Just curious, maybe sometime we can hook up. I'm in Mansfield (MFD), located between CLE and CMH. Let me know where you are and if you can and want to you can swing by and get me for the fly-in. That would be great.

I fly out of 1G3...been into MFD several times.

Tell you what...if Mtts422 doesn't mind driving as far as Mansfield (I know its a long ways, but not as far as BKL at least), and you guys don't mind chipping in a little...I'll pick you both up there. How's that sound?

That's fine by me, Mansfield is still a lot closer of a drive than CLE for me.

In a couple of weeks or so we need to start thinkin about what time we want to meet and stuff. It's gonna be an early morning for me if I need to get up to Mansfield by 11 or so to meet you guys at the airport. Any idea how long of a drive it is to Mansfield from Columbus?

Back