Midwest fly in date time and airport

Mansfield to Columbus is about an hour without rush hour. So if it's early morning could be more like an hour and a half or more.

Cool...we'll get the details worked out soon then.
smile.gif

Ultra cool that this is coming together. By my count it sounds like we have 9 people going including me and skibum. This should be ultra cool.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, kind of depending on whether or not I find a job soon. I am hoping to be a commercial pilot by then, and will definately make sure I am IFR current. Just haven't had the time to stay IFR current, since I've been too busy building time and finishing the commercial. I miss flying IFR and can't wait to get back to it! I'm also looking forward to BKL since I've never been there, and it'll be nice to finally meet some fellow JC addicts!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know if you decide on going. We could meet up in the Detroit area and split the cost over to Cleveland!

Heya everyone,

The date's coming up, so let's get the final details worked out here. Everyone that is planning on going shoot me an e-mail at john.herreshoff@wmich.edu and I'll hook ya'll up with my cell number in case something happens, can't come, get stuck somewhere, whatever. Also hook me up with the N number of the plane you'll be flying in and I'll call up Million Air and try to arrange for them to have the van there and waiting for us. If you're driving in, let me know that one too.

Looking forward to this one!

Cheers

John Herreshoff (on skibum's account)

So seriously, if one of ya'll took the Archer or the Arrow at Aviation Center in Ann Arbor on the 10th please let me know. Conviently when I go to schedule the plane, they happen to be taken on the fly-in date.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
So seriously, if one of ya'll took the Archer or the Arrow at Aviation Center in Ann Arbor on the 10th please let me know. Conviently when I go to schedule the plane, they happen to be taken on the fly-in date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, that sucks. So is this thing still gonna happen or what?

Still gonna happen, John was just being cranky cause those are the two planes he likes to fly. He reserved a different one and we'll both be there!

Yeah, and I have another FBO I could rent from if I really needed to. The Archer at Ann Arbor has a GNS 430 and a GTX 327. Their Warrior has two King Nav/Comm's (old analog style) and a Loran (a crappy one at that). It's the exact same avionics setup as the Warrior I did my instrument rating in, so it's no biggie; but I do enjoy that extra 20 HP in the Archer and the great avionics.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. I have family matters to tend to so EatSleepFly, you won't have to worry about flying into MFD unless you and Mtts422 work something else out. Hopefully though this will happen again and I can make it then.

Sorry to hear that man. I'll let you know sometime when I'm going to be in MFD, maybe we can grab lunch at that little restaurant or something.

So do we know the final head count on who all is gonna be there?

I'm gonna wait a few more days for people to see this and throw down. I'm guessing 6-8?

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Heya everyone,

Bump thread. Weather looks decent for tomorrow, we're gonna arrive probably around 12:30 so we can be there before everyone (hopefully). Talked to Eatsleepfly today and he should arrive shortly after us. Look forward to meeting ya'll.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Can't make it to the fly in. I got to the airport today and Aviation Center at Ann Arbor wanted to rent me a plane that was not airworthy. The long and the short of the story is that the plane was a falling apart piece of sh*t with radio's that didn't work. I tried to call up ground for taxi and they never heard me. So either the jack is bad or the radio is bad. Either way, not a good way to start a flight.

Hope ya'll have fun. Take some pictures and let us know how it goes.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Sorry you couldn't make it John...the weather was actually pretty nice in Cleveland for once! Actually, I don't know what happened to Mtts422 and his friend...but it ended up being just me and Naunga. But we had a good time, went out to lunch and stuff. Always nice to meet a fellow JC'er. We'll have to try it again sometime maybe. I would have picked up Naunga and flown up to Michigan, but finances are kind of tight this month, and that airplane has to stay close to home, since its still breaking in the new piston. Oh well...we'll give it a shot again sometime if you want.

Back