Midwest brand circling the drain?

US Airways doesn't have IFE on their 190's, or any of their domestic fleet for that matter. IMO, I don't think IFE is that big of a factor in keeping frequent fliers.

Yeah 'cause US Air is the shining example of how to run an airline...when was the last time the airline actually grew in size? 1980?

Dumber things happen in this industy every day, but it seems like a waste to me to get your planes painted in a brand you plan on doing away with.

It seems like that, doesn't it? I wonder what it would have looked like if Bedford had bought Midwest last Spring and immediately started dismantling the airline. I think they've only painted like 10 airplanes since then. Now that I've thought about it, Bedford has been to quite a few different cities this year. He probably had an idea how he wanted things to go, but still had to run Midwest and Frontier in the meantime.

Dumber things happen in this industy every day, but it seems like a waste to me to get your planes painted in a brand you plan on doing away with.

Mesaba flies Delta colored Saabs. I doubt Midwest or Delta will be the last ones to spend money for short term brand recognition.

Yeah 'cause US Air is the shining example of how to run an airline...when was the last time the airline actually grew in size? 1980?

I was just stating that there was another carrier that didn't have IFE on the 190. Trust me, I realize that USAir isn't a model airline. :beer:

I'm sure they do. Especially the fact that they didn't have to do the dirty work themselves.

Im pretty sure there will be an Airbus base in MKE. If memory serves me there is one opening in April. There are also rumors that BB has been talking to people in STL and he has even made comments in the weekly memos to employees that with Airlines pulling out of bases (AA-STL-RDU, US Air-PIT, etc...) that these may be big opportunities. I see PIT as a pretty good fit as its proximity to the east coast city centers makes it a quick hop to just about anywhere over there.

Once their maintenance base lease at PIT runs out, Ill bet Republic is out. Highly doubtful they will make an appearance as the fees are still sky high.

Back