Mesa's Fleet

MissedApproach

Mesa\'s Fleet

Came across these up to date figures, kinda interesting for anyone who's wondering:

Mesa's RJ Fleet:

40 50-seat CRJ-200s
32 50-seat ERJ-145s
10 64-seat CRJ-700s
3 80-seat CRJ-900s

12 37-seat Dash 8-200s.

Total: 97

On Order:
5 CRJ-700s
22 CRJ-900s

Don't know when this order will be completed though, and I've heard it'll be the last for a while. Don't have the numbers on the 1900.

Re: Mesa\'s Fleet

The 1900s are all on the Air Midwest certificate, hence wouldn't be listed for the Mesa Fleet.

I talked to a few of my connections at Mesa and they do not forsee any "off the street" hiring until late fall, due to the USAirways "Jets for Jobs" and CCAir pilots that must be integrated first.

[ QUOTE ]
The 1900s are all on the Air Midwest certificate, hence wouldn't be listed for the Mesa Fleet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks John...so that's why I couldn't find the numbers
tongue.gif
I hope this backlog clears soon <chuckles>, I know a few MAPD guys are getting through though so maybe there's hope.

Pete Hayes told me that MAPD has updated their program, and now do CRJ and ERJ training in addition to 1900 training.

Anyone been through this yet? How was it?

The ASU MAPD recieved two $25mil, full-motion CRJ-200 sims in Jan 03. I'm not sure that all the students will recieve training on them.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about this? I just interviewed for MAPD and on the trip out there all the planes going to FMN from Arizona were 1900's flying under Mesa airlines. And I believe during orientation they said that all the 1900's were Based out of New Mexico and they all flew under Mesa. I believe they have around 19-25 1900's. Also look for all the 1900's to be retired in the near future as the make no money.

All the west coast 1900s were converted to Air Midwest in 2000. I highly doubt they would convert them back!

Yes they flew under Mesa Airlines colors. Still Air Middie though.

Craziest airline I ever flew for. They didn't do a 1000' call. But they did a 500' call. AOE captain freaked me out when he waved five fingers in front of my nose. I said, "What the hell was that?" He said, "500 to go." "Oh," I said, "though you were leaving the plane or something!"

You are confusing Mesa Air Group with the MASA036A Certificate.

The aircraft fly as Mesa Airlines, the pilots are on the Mesa seniority list, BUT they are flying under the Air Midwest certificate AMWA510A.

Their offices, dispatch and FSDO is in Wichita, KS, as opposed to Phoenix, AZ for Mesa.

It's confusing, but it made sense to put the 1900s all on one certificate. Reduced training and administrative costs considerably.

I'm currently going through the first CRJ-200 systems class with MAPD in Farmington.

We are using the 'CL-65 systems manual' and 'CFM' for training, and have been povided a CD-rom with all powerpoint presentaions and aircraft schematics. Also included with the CD is a computer based FMS simulator to help learn it's functions.

So far it's just like any other class. We go through each chapter and memorize everything word for word (
blush.gif
just kidding). Lots of stuff to remember though. Aircraft limitations are fair game on any test so we have to stick those in the long term memory.

Wow. We asked for copies of that CD when we went through training in 2000. We were told that the FMS CD was copyrighted and not approved for duplication.

I'm glad Pete got the approval to do that! It's an invaluable CD. The agenda you are talking about sounds remarkably similar to what we did at Airline Training Academy.

Now I know that Mesa has been flying RJs for quite some time but ...

Funny that Pete should visit ATA about two years ago and got a complete tour of our RJ series of classes. Things that make you go, "Hmmmm..."

Where are these sims located? I gather the MAPD stuff isn't all in the same location.

There's an ERJ-145 and a CRJ sim at Williams Gateway Airport in Gilbert, AZ. Keep in mind that there are three MPD's (Gilbert, AZ; Farmington, NM; and Midland, TX) The Gilbert/ASU one is a four year program for people coming out of highschool. The Farmington and Midland programs are only two or 1.5 years and are geared towards the older folk.

I think I've seen your avatar somewhere else? LOL mesalounge!

yes I was a contract CRJ instructor at ATA. I worked with Dave Gwinn and after he left Scott Sindelar and I were in the process of re-writing several parts of the predominately Comair style program, when the center shut down. It's too bad because I really enjoyed working there. Met several great people.

Hey, that Bogberto guy is one of my fraternity brothers from college!

Bogbert and I have never met but we had a lot of fun with the Mesa ALPA website.

We had half the company believing Ornstein was ordering CRJ190's - 19 seat jets
smile.gif

CRJ190.jpg

You should have seen the emails I got!

Bog's a good man. I think he helped pull my car out of a ravine when I spun out in the snow back in PRC.

Bogberto

I know Bog and I passed in crew lounges at least once or twice but we never recognized each other. He is now an admin over at Mesalounge, which is the other forum on my favorites list
smile.gif

Back