Mesaba seniority

houfo

Any recent Mesaba newhires. Were you required to give up your seniority at your former airline? I heard recently that they had changed that requirement. I know many furloughees are hesitant to jump ship for that reason...

Gotta dump your old senority number. Sorry man.

Its on the application. The lady I spoke with from HR back in July even said then, "If you plan on comming to interview you better plan on resigning from your current job."

At the time I had no clue what would happen with XJ. I have no regrets for not going to the interview. I just could not honestly say I would resign my seniority so I did not want to waste the HR time or jynxjoe's time etc if I could not be committed to XJ 100%.

how would they know if you didn't

I believe they give you a form to sign on the first day of class, they send it to your previous company, and then get a confirmation back.

Whether your previous company actually takes away your seniority is up to them (I've heard of some airlines telling XJ that you no longer have seniority, but actually keep your number on the list).

Off topic of Senority. Can someone define the flowthrough with DL/NWA at Mesaba? It might have been posted but I can not locate it. Thanks!

If I remember right a flow through is when you are flying a crj and Northwest has a empty spot on their A320, or A333. They will call on the crj guy to come on over. I think it's a one time thing, but if you decline then you have to go through a interview I think.

If I remember right a flow through is when you are flying a crj and Northwest has a empty spot on their A320, or A333. They will call on the crj guy to come on over. I think it's a one time thing, but if you decline then you have to go through a interview I think.

? *scratches head* ? Where did you get that from? Is that something you actually heard or are you paraphrasing something from... actually I don't know where you would hear anything like that. Did you just make that up? You can tell me honestly, I won't bonk you over the head or anything.

The flowthrough somewhat simple.
-Arrange senority list from top to bottom at mesaba (that's already done).
-If Delta (there is no more northwest) starts hiring Mesaba puts up to 9 guys per month in the class (there is some interference with Compass but its a long math equation).
-The guys get choice by senority. So if you are #1 at company you get first dibs. That is regardless of what type aircraft. The other post said something about needing to be in an RJ. Thats bizarrely wrong, I don't know where he heard that, but if you are on the Saab and say you wanna flow you flow.
-You get only one shot at the yes no when your number comes up. Unless you like... quit and then come back again then you'd have another shot I suppose.
-When you flow up you we keep count at Mesaba. For the # of guys that flow up that # can flow back down. That doesn't mean I flow up then I get to flow back down to Mesaba automatically, but Mesaba will take a 1:1 ratio.

There is more but I'm not gonna spend that much time writing about it.

? *scratches head* ? Where did you get that from? Is that something you actually heard or are you paraphrasing something from... actually I don't know where you would hear anything like that. Did you just make that up? You can tell me honestly, I won't bonk you over the head or anything.

-If Delta (there is no more northwest) starts hiring Mesaba puts up to 9 guys per month in the class (there is some interference with Compass but its a long math equation).
-The guys get choice by senority. So if you are #1 at company you get first dibs. That is regardless of what type aircraft. The other post said something about needing to be in an RJ. Thats bizarrely wrong, I don't know where he heard that, but if you are on the Saab and say you wanna flow you flow.
-You get only one shot at the yes no when your number comes up. Unless you like... quit and then come back again then you'd have another shot I suppose.
-When you flow up you we keep count at Mesaba. For the # of guys that flow up that # can flow back down. That doesn't mean I flow up then I get to flow back down to Mesaba automatically, but Mesaba will take a 1:1 ratio.

There is more but I'm not gonna spend that much time writing about
it.

It worked so well at Eagle :banghead::banghead::banghead:

P.S. Don't let Delta give numbers without class dates.

-If Delta (there is no more northwest) starts hiring Mesaba puts up to 9 guys per month in the class (there is some interference with Compass but its a long math equation). Pretty simple math Compass guys are the first 20 up to 25% of their list in a rolling 12 month period(80 people) The first can't flow until febuary of 2010 though. You must have been there 30 months and be a CA

There is more but I'm not gonna spend that much time writing about it.

And I just wanted to try my new avatar:D

Pretty simple math Compass guys are the first 20 up to 25% of their list in a rolling 12 month period(80 people) The first can't flow until febuary of 2010 though. You must have been there 30 months and be a CA

Well, there are a dozen that will meet the qualifications in the next six months.

But I think we can all agree that mainline isn't exactly short pilots right now. :eek:

I like the avatar.

Well, there are a dozen that will meet the qualifications in the next six months.

But I think we can all agree that mainline isn't exactly short pilots right now. :eek:

I like the avatar.

Sure will. Supposedly Delta will restart hiring after the holidays. Though with a full blow recession... ehhhh

I like the avatar.

Yeah the 12 management pilots who won't flow any ways. My best friend is around #40 on the list over there and his 30th month is March of '10. The line pilots pretty much can't until feb '10.

I'll betchya any flowthru Mesaba had with NWA will not be effective after the DCC at Delta.

Back