Mesaba seniority

Or whatever it's supposed to be called! :)

I can certainly see continuation of preferential interviews, but a flow-thru I can't see the MEC signing off on something like that.

Or whatever it's supposed to be called! :)

I can certainly see continuation of preferential interviews, but a flow-thru I can't see the MEC signing off on something like that.

They already did in the JPWA. If they have half a brain they will when it comes up again. Maybe they will realize what the NWA MEC realized that it deters furloughs because its virtually 4 training events the company pays for when you come full circle per furlough. Not to mention once our snap backs are done XJ is the highest paid regional in the industry. If Delta needs to hire any way why not keep the cheap labor extra cheap and keep fresh bodies at your own regional.

I'm not speaking for the company at all, let me make that clear because I have NO IDEA about methodology.

I think if they closely controlled what the hiring standards are at the regional, I can see management signing onto a flow thru agreement. I think the closest they got was Comair, but there aren't a large number of Comair pilots meandering around the pilot lounge with shiny new wings from the last hiring cycle.

I just can't see the company going from MMPI's, cognitive testing, education requirements and needing internal reccomendations transitioning to "Hey, tell the senior guy on the Mesaba seniority list to fly to the Puzzle Palace to start mad dog school next week"

Training pilots isn't as expensive as the company wants us to believe, especially when you own the simulators, most of it 'distance learning' and you're not burning an ounce of Jet A during the event.

Well that might be a good thing. I'd be years away on the flowthrough, perhaps they'll take me earlier.

I believe they give you a form to sign on the first day of class, they send it to your previous company, and then get a confirmation back.

Whether your previous company actually takes away your seniority is up to them (I've heard of some airlines telling XJ that you no longer have seniority, but actually keep your number on the list).

The chief pilot over at ExpressJet has alluded that all those letters might just never make it to his desk down in Houston. You know how things get lost in the mail.

Back