Mesaba Flight Attendant Petition

I'm not fully in tune with what's going on. What's the story behind all of this if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not fully in tune with what's going on. What's the story behind all of this if you don't mind me asking?

Management agreed with the Pinnacle steelworkers FA union to represent the Mesaba flight attendants (even though the Mesaba FA's didn't agree and are another union entirely), during their one day retreat looking into the heart of the matter the company and Pinnacle FA's decided to give Mesaba FA's one year for every 3 for their seniority and pass travel. They are shutting down Mesaba as quickly as possible in order to force the Mesaba FA's into a decision which is simply to fly it and grieve it, or quit.

Petition signed. The idea that the USW is representing FAs is bad enough. Now they want to rob the seniority of the AFA members? And I know a little bit about having your seniority stolen from you.

What's AFA's plan of action on this?

Still waiting for the NMB petition for single carrier status, suppose to rule this month... hope it's on time they could use some good news. Until then, fly it and grieve it of course. *sigh*

Yeah pretty much like in Wedding Crashers when Vince Vaugh had the "Nude Gay Art Show" and the "Midnight Rape Session". The XJ FA's received the latter. Pretty pathetic when you look at the adjusted seniority to see the 1986 hire #1 FA put as a 2003 hire. For every one in any job with seniority hopefully this gets fixed.

Yeah pretty much like in Wedding Crashers when Vince Vaugh had the "Nude Gay Art Show" and the "Midnight Rape Session". The XJ FA's received the latter. Pretty pathetic when you look at the adjusted seniority to see the 1986 hire #1 FA put as a 2003 hire. For every one in any job with seniority hopefully this gets fixed.
Fairly embarrassing when the CEO who ignores their existence let it all happen and claims to be for the employees. I'm starting to understand why the Frontier pilots are always getting the short end, it's obvious they took the short bus if this is truely their consensus of a different CEO who cares for the employees.

Back