Mesa Requests Q3 Confidentiality

JaceTheAce

Why are they trying to hide?
http://www.aviationtoday.com/ran/topstories/28439.html

Mesa Requests Q3 Confidentiality

Mesa Airlines requested the Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics maintain confidentiality for its third quarter 2008 financial report, according to the third quarter report issued yesterday. In the meantime, the top three operating profit margins were reported by regional carriers Comair, SkyWest Airlines and Atlantic Southeast Airlines. Network carriers US Airways and United Airlines and low-cost carrier AirTran Airways reported the worst operating loss margins. The six largest network airlines, as a group, reported an operating loss margin of 5.8 percent in the third quarter of 2008, the fourth consecutive quarterly loss margin since the group reported a profit margin in the third quarter of 2007. The last time it reported out its quarterly financials was for its second quarter when it posted a pro forma net loss for the second quarter of $4.1 million or $0.15 per diluted share and announced the sale of Kunpeng Airlines. Related Story It did earn an after tax profit of $17.5 million from continuing operations on operating revenues of $320.3 million. The profit represents $20 million swing from the $22.6 million loss posted in the year-ago period, and comes at a time when it has experienced several blows, including Delta's termination of subsidiary Freedom Airlines 50-seat flying for which Mesa gained a temporary injunction to forestall bankruptcy. For a complete report see the next issue of Regional Aviation News.

I'm just glad we busted our butts for all those 100% completion days! Oh yeah, I'm still getting furloughed....so why do I care?

(It's because even though things are bad, we as professionals do our job in a safe and professional manner....I know, I know. But even so, there were times I, along with others, have gone above and beyond to keep the flights on time and completed. Like running around helping the ground crew to hook up and start a DC cart because they did not know how! Or FO getting a wheelchair and taking a passenger through the terminal to a connecting flight. The list goes on and on....) I will miss it here :(

PCL might have been up there if management hadn't gambled away millions of dollars in auction rate securities......

Mesa is like vampires, the South and Britney Spears. They keep coming back.

Haha.

They supply the planes, instructors, and maintenance for the flight program at Arizona State. Yesterday on a cross country the multi-service card was declined cause they haven't paid their bill according to the customer service lady on the phone.

As a furloughed pilot who would benefit if Mesa folds I personally do not wish any illwill on any of their pilots. The union guys can say as they wish about Mesa and Gojet guys being scabs. I however have not yet to come to a clean definition of what a SCAB is in this industry yet as the definition seems to change all the time.

However if things were to go down hill at Mesa I personally hope my airline, if we were to benefit, would sure as heck reach out and scoop up as many of these guys as we can. Wish you all nothing but the best of luck. Perhaps JO can pull this one out from some where?

As a furloughed pilot who would benefit if Mesa folds I personally do not wish any illwill on any of their pilots. The union guys can say as they wish about Mesa and Gojet guys being scabs. I however have not yet to come to a clean definition of what a SCAB is in this industry yet as the definition seems to change all the time.
The definition of scab is never ambiguous. A scab is someone who crosses a picket-line. I don't think there is anything wrong with working at Mesa (obviously) but as for GoJets I don't call them scabs because they are not. They're just mostly a-holes.

However if things were to go down hill at Mesa I personally hope my airline, if we were to benefit, would sure as heck reach out and scoop up as many of these guys as we can. Wish you all nothing but the best of luck. Perhaps JO can pull this one out from some where?
That would be nice! I would not be surprised if anything happened. I wouldn't be surprised if we went out of business and I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly got a lot more flying. Nothing about this industry surprises me anymore.

How would you benefit if AWAC gets the flying?

As for GoJets- a lot of their CA's did cross the picket line. Their FO's are just so stupid and out of touch with what is really going on in the profession, they just make a mistake and go there. Pilots need to be informed. GoJet FO's are not. They just want to fly a -700.

How would you benefit if AWAC gets the flying?

If Mesa were to fold the flying would have to still be done the day after. Last time I checked AWAC did not have a 700/900 program nor pilots qualified on that plane. It was an assumption that PSA and or other Airways Carriers got flying. I personally would not think one airline, AWAC, would be able to cover all Mesa's flying. It'd have to be all the regionals flying plus some perhaps.

However like many on here I am not hoping to gain by somones failure. Just me though.

If Mesa were to fold the flying would have to still be done the day after. Last time I checked AWAC did not have a 700/900 program nor pilots qualified on that plane. It was an assumption that PSA and or other Airways Carriers got flying. I personally would not think one airline, AWAC, would be able to cover all Mesa's flying. It'd have to be all the regionals flying plus some perhaps.

However like many on here I am not hoping to gain by somones failure. Just me though.

It's more likely Republic will get the flying at phx. I mean they are giving USAirways 30 million dollars. :)

Oh and Merry Christmas

It's more likely Republic will get the flying at phx. I mean they are giving USAirways 30 million dollars. :)

I dont think any of us would even have a clue what would happen. At the days end we only know the large jets are over numbered. RAH got their last one and as of last report by Parker there were no more intentions of giving RAH or any other carrier more 70 seat planes with Airways. Thus it'd be interesting to see what happens indeed. Thus why the PDT base makes sense if Mesa were to tango uniform. However lets just wait and see what JO can get to work. I have a gut feeling Mesa will be flying well into 2009 and into 2010.

I dont think any of us would even have a clue what would happen. At the days end we only know the large jets are over numbered. RAH got their last one and as of last report by Parker there were no more intentions of giving RAH or any other carrier more 70 seat planes with Airways. Thus it'd be interesting to see what happens indeed. Thus why the PDT base makes sense if Mesa were to tango uniform. However lets just wait and see what JO can get to work. I have a gut feeling Mesa will be flying well into 2009 and into 2010.

I do think the Dash program would go to PDT. I dont think the CRJs would go to RAH, we are getting rid of our current CRJ program and get alot of money from Embraer for the "all" Ejet fleet. I dont think they will pass that up. Who will get the CRJs? I keep telling my friend at PSA I hope they do, but AWAC just gave USAir money too so who knows?

Anymore, Its just a sit and wait game - who the heck knows what will happen tommorow anyway.

Back