Mesa or TSA?

Ray,

Thanks for the info and the quick reply...I already have some resumes out there...just working on the time building now. I have some good contacts, but they are at airlines not hiring now...maybe in the future they will pay off.

I am hoping to have 1200TT by the time I get out and am meeting as many people as possible (stuck in the frozen tundra they call "Scenic Newport, RI"
grin.gif
). Yes, I am looking at the lower-time spots and will probably end up instructing for a few more months to a year or so after I get out if nothing else surfaces.

I'm definitely keeping the people on this web site in mind as this is the best information I have found so far...thanks once again.

txpilot

When we were having troubles at Mesa we used to be consoled by our TSA friends who would say .. "Well at least it isn't as bad as it is HERE."

The feeling was always mutual that TSA was (slightly) lower than Mesa on the foodchain.

As for poor work rules and pay, well that is always the dilemma. If you go to a carrier with great pay and good work rules you will be guaranteed a LONG upgrade and not always sure if your company will be around.

There are pros and cons to a "top of the line" contract.

You really can't game the system.

Basically, make your best guess and wish yourself luck.

When I was a Delta new hire, the 'smart money' was on getting hired at United because you cold hold 747-400 and 777-200 at the west coast bases and quickly upgrade to 737 captain in as little as 2 1/2 years.

I don't think anyone, in the history of aviation, has successfully been able to successfully predict the longevity of an airline.

Back