Mesa Displacement Bid (more furloughs?)

SpiraMirabilis

Possible Subversive
all pilots:

Due to recent developments at delta, absorbing the air midwest pilots ,and reductions in flying at our code share partners we need to perform this displacement to realign the staffing levels at the airline. Please update your equipment bids. Once this is complete, we will then review the overall staffing levels.
Nobody really knows what is going on, but the above quoted text in the e-mail doesn't sound very good.

hmmm very interesting to say the least. Hopefully it all works out for you over there. You all have only furloughed those in classes right? No line guys were actually furloughed?

Correct. If they do furlough, I'm not all that far up the list and might get caught. Well, at least I have 1200 TT and might be able to get a 135 job! Still got my CFIs too.

Reality is finally catching up to OJ. No-one wants his product. No-one wants him.

The very sad, very harsh reality: he and his side projects will continue to funnel money away from the company and into his bank accounts. In the meantime, good people will be sent to the unemployment office.

Is Delta always the scapegoat from Mesa management?

If they are having so many problems with Delta, why in God's name are the trying to hang on so tightly. Just let go.

I was actually thinking earlier this morning about the WARN letters that were sent out a month or so back, anyone actually been sent to the street yet?

What's the deal with your guys' Delta flying? Didn't you guys just open a base in CVG? I looked at the schedule for next month and beyond and I see a lot of Freedom flights.

What's the deal with your guys' Delta flying? Didn't you guys just open a base in CVG? I looked at the schedule for next month and beyond and I see a lot of Freedom flights.

We're ramping up the ERJ flying again in CVG due to the injunction preventing Delta from canceling that contract. I guess Delta figured if they were going to have to pay us anyway may as well fly us. Kind of a precarious position to be in because Delta does not WANT these 50 seat jets.

They also canceled the CRJ-900 (NextGen) flying we had out of JFK claiming completion factor was below that required by the contract. We were only paying $1/month to Delta to sublease the aircraft there so its not that great of a blow.

I'm pretty sure we're actually going to win the lawsuit WRT to the ERJs but even if we do we're in a feed contract with a mainline that desperately does not want us so thats not really a great place to be.

Bah. Goodbye driving to work, hello commuting :-(

Supposedly 100 captain displacements, and 80 FO displacements systemwide for the CRJ. Only way I can see them needing this is due to furloughs.

Earlier in the day a friend of mine told me a rumor he heard from a union guy about us furloughing ~200. Then this e-mail comes out... things that make you go hmmmmm.

Just out of curiosity, when does the 50 seat contract with Delta expire? It's pretty much a given that it's not gonna be renewed, and the big question is, if Delta offers JO a lump sum payment to terminate it early.....will Mesa take it?

Bah. Goodbye driving to work, hello commuting :-(

Supposedly 100 captain displacements, and 80 FO displacements systemwide for the CRJ. Only way I can see them needing this is due to furloughs.

Earlier in the day a friend of mine told me a rumor he heard from a union guy about us furloughing ~200. Then this e-mail comes out... things that make you go hmmmmm.
The MEC doesn't know whats going on, really, except that Mgt says that we are overstaffed in the CRJ (kind of funny 1 month ago or so we had vaca c/x, JRA through the roof, etc.) Is "overstaffed" when we don't have to cancel vacations?

Just out of curiosity, when does the 50 seat contract with Delta expire? It's pretty much a given that it's not gonna be renewed, and the big question is, if Delta offers JO a lump sum payment to terminate it early.....will Mesa take it?
I don't know when the contract expires but I was told that it was a fairly longish term one.

The only way JO would accept a lump sum to exit the contract is if Delta helped us return the ERJs to Embraer, as the leases on them are paid by Mesa directly and constitute a significent overhead if they are parked. But yeah, I figure if he could get rid of the ERJs he'd jump on that.

So, its going to be a "bump and flush." I don't think I have enough seniority to avoid being "flushed" off the end of the abyss considering they're talking about 100 CA and 80 FO displacements.

Maybe people will prefer a furlough to flying the Dash! ;)

Hate to say it, but word on the street is that we at Colgan are picking up United flying out of IAD. You think those might be Mesa routes?

It is certainly possible but most of Mesa's flights from IAD are rather long since we fly replacement jets there, I don't think the Q400 could do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chautauqua_AirlinesColgan is the only TP operator for United in IAD as far as I know. Chautauqua has more of the short hops, so maybe they might be losing some flying? Or United is drawing back mainline flying and replacing it with feed operators which they've done in the past.

Every UAX operator has been picking up Mesa's slack for the last few years. Now especially IAD. That must be a wonderful base for Mesa guys, even ORD is senior.

Every UAX operator has been picking up Mesa's slack for the last few years. Now especially IAD. That must be a wonderful base for Mesa guys, even ORD is senior.
By 3 numbers true, IAD and ORD are basically equivilently senior on the FO side and IAD is actually more senior on the CA side.
I think its probably a crappy base on general princaple. Who wants to live or commute in/to DC?

By 3 numbers true, IAD and ORD are basically equivilently senior on the FO side and IAD is actually more senior on the CA side.
I think its probably a crappy base on general princaple. Who wants to live or commute in/to DC?

I have lived here since 1996. It is however a commuted to base for Colgan. Its too expensive to live around, thats the problem.

Sounds torturous. I get depressed when I get bumped off flights to SAT from Denver, which almost never happens. I imagine Getting into and out of IAD is misery as far as commuting goes.

Hate to say it, but word on the street is that we at Colgan are picking up United flying out of IAD. You think those might be Mesa routes?

Yes. I flew quite a bit through IAD '04 to '06 and I'd say half of those runs could easily be covered by a Q400.

Yes. I flew quite a bit through IAD '04 to '06 and I'd say half of those runs could easily be covered by a Q400.

Im talking about Saab flying. We are not going to be picking up any Q400 flying as we dont have the aircraft! We wont until 2010. I keep hearing Q400 rumors and think its stupid. The only way it will happen is if Lynx gives us their orders, but I doubt that will happen.

Im talking about the ROA, MDT, ORF type of flying that Mesa does. Those are short flights that can easily be picked up by Saabs.

Back