Mesa Airlines Dash-8 vs. Power cart

drew09

Dash1_PHX.jpg

Dash2_PHX.jpg

Dash4_PHX.jpg

Dash7_PHX.jpg

Dash8_PHX.jpg

Ouchies. Could you imagine being the pax having the 3rd window seat and watching that prop/everything else start coming apart! :panic:

alright, so who gets the blame for this?

CA for backing into it?

F/O for not noticing on walkaround?

Tug driver for push back?

or

Wing Walkers (if there were any)...

alright, so who gets the blame for this?

CA for backing into it?

F/O for not noticing on walkaround?

Tug driver for push back?

or

Wing Walkers (if there were any)...

It was actually on taxi-in, not push-back. I heard that they're pinning it on the 2 marshallers (one just took off never to be seen again and the other refused a drug test) but I bet the FO feels kind of bad because he probably could have seen that the GPU was in the safety diamond.

Why couldn't they have destroyed one of the HA planes??

Good luck with that. PDT still fly "Queen of the fleet" - 906 HA. :rolleyes: Everytime 906 HA takes off, it breaks the record. last time I check, it has over 72,000 cycles on it. Any fellow P*monster can testify on that.

My guess is they square the blame on the power cart for being there in the first place. stupid carts. You cant be expected to worry about a little 2 ton metal box there when they are painting diamonds(!) on the ground. why do airports always distract us like that?

If they were pulling in, that thing should have clearly been visibile to both pilots, no? Im pinning the blame badge on the PIC and ground crew for leaving there. ;)

Back