Mesa 700 furloughs?

As for the dual qual thing, maybe it's just the way things are set up training wise here (and I wouldn't doubt it), but the check airmen that keep the dual qualifications are the ones saying it's a pain.

Being Dual qualified does suck! But it may not be as bad in you guys' situation being the that aircraft are of common type and the cockpits are layed out very similar.

Isn't PDT qualified on both the Dash 300 + 100? I know I used to be able to fly both the 100 and 200 until we got rid of all the 100s but thats not that much of a difference between the two.

But, they can stretch the type rating pretty far. Imagine if your airline had 100s and 400s. Same type and you attend differences for the 400, you fly the 100 for 6 months straight -- are you safe to jump up in the megwhacker?

Take it from me, PBS doesn't save THAT much money. All it does is allow the company to run the airline leaner than they can with paper bidding. As for efficiency, you still need to get X pilots scheduled on X airplanes to cover X flights. The pairings are generated by a computer when you bid paper or with PBS. The only thing PBS does is let management tweak settings month to month to get the ideal staffing. If you're airline isn't properly staffed, then it's possible for PBS to actually be INEFFICIENT.

Am I missing something here? It seems like there is NO real source for this information? It seems as if someone was in recurrent and a management figure mentioned something about this? How many times are you in the school house and believe ANYTHING you hear from anyone around? I dont know. Maybe I'm a fool. But until I hear something OFFICIAL I would just show up and do your job. I dont see this happening any time soon. But that's just me.

No, don't just show up and do your job.

Except for the guys who were just recalled at various companies, all of us should be in the process of looking for new employment when/if the hammer hits.

Supposedly the 'source' is the COO talking to a recurrent class. I've heard several first hand accounts of this happening, so it leads me to believe that he actually said something along those lines. Although I'm sure some may have taken it out of context. Also, the fact that UAL has the option to do exactly what is being said adds some validity to the rumor, in my mind.

Time will tell. I think they're allowed to drop the flying come APR 2010 with six months notice, so I guess we'll know for sure sometime around OCT/NOV of this year.

A birdy tells me that this conversation did occur but that P.F. was talking worst case scenario if UA cancelled / non-renewed contract, not necessarily that it would occur.

A birdy tells me that this conversation did occur but that P.F. was talking worst case scenario if UA cancelled / non-renewed contract, not necessarily that it would occur.

Exactly.... Just saying lets not start freaking 700 pilots out over a damn rumor.

Back