Mesa 700 furloughs?

Thats the problem with most pilots. They're so short sighted its not even funny. Lets protect a bunch of pilot jobs an extra couple months that are going to go bye bye anyway when Delta starts pulling flying due to contract cost violation, instead of running a business efficiently and helping the company succeed and grow.

If I go due to PBS so be it. I'd rather go and have a chance at coming back than be forced to go when flying gets permanently removed a la Comair.

Thats the problem with most pilots. They're so short sighted its not even funny. Lets protect a bunch of pilot jobs an extra couple months that are going to go bye bye anyway when Delta starts pulling flying due to contract cost violation, instead of running a business efficiently and helping the company succeed and grow.

If I go due to PBS so be it. I'd rather go and have a chance at coming back than be forced to go when flying gets permanently removed a la Comair.

The problem is you think 3 million(5% of pilots) a year will save your company.

You're right Marcus. Crystal Clear.

You see, I couldn't live with knowing that I made the decision to effectively send more pilots to the street. Which is what our local union leadership is going to accomplish.

Our task is to fly planes and to protect ourselves. Let the company figure out how to make it run more efficiently.

Now, I understand you have an undergraduate degree in Aviation Management. Wonderful. So, it makes since that you feel the way you do and are willing to throw your fellow line pilots under the bus - or worse - out to the street under a notion of "efficiency."

You see, it's about prioritizes. I want to protect jobs. The company wants to run an efficient system. Excellent, put it in writing in our FOM, we'll do it. That's what we do, we follow directions. Make it happen company. We'll handle our task of flying safe and protecting our own while the company handle's their task of making sure we operate our airplanes on a good schedule in an efficient manner (project APU, various other fuel conservation measures, proper staffing models [unlike what you guys have been enjoying this month], saving costs on parking, etc).

But it's a weak argument to fall to when they tell you "Oh, you're too expensive. . .you guys need to low ball the rest of the profession so we STAY in business." Okay, gee thanks guys. Wonderful. Oh right, let's not forget Marcus that we're actually experiencing negative growth over the next year. We've already been rightsized once and it seems that you're quite comfortable knowing that some more of your peers might hit the street because you've got your little no furlough clause shield up.

I'll stir the next pot of kool-aid for you, don't worry.

The all mighty do no wrong surreal. Is any of that really necessary? You would be much more successful at getting your point across if you weren't so condescending and weren't always insulting and talking down to everyone whose opinions differ from your own.

Thanks for the insight.

If you have anything that challenges what I stated to Marcus I'm willing to discuss it. Otherwise there isn't much to debate.

That said, are you focusing on the challenges your own company is facing or just sitting idle like some of my peers who still have a job?

Pilots and airlines go together like peanut butter and jelly.

You can't have an airline without pilots anymore than airline pilots can go fly jets for a living without an airline.

Symbiosis is the key, not simply feeding the monster until it burps.

You're right, business has to be supported by those who are a part of it. All the same, business has had the upper hand for so long that they're stealing food from those who keep it alive.

Balance, sir. That's the answer.

The problem is you think 3 million(5% of pilots) a year will save your company.

PBS saves way more than that. They don't even have to cut one pilot job and they will save millions with PBS. Skywest and ASA have are very similiar in relative seniority and pay. Yet Skywest's costs are much lower than ASA. Its not only PBS. Its management structure as well. Anyways I'm done with this silly subject anyway. I'm confident the boys and girls in the A-tech know what they're doing. As well as the ASA MEC. I'm just gunna sit in the stands and watch. Actually, naw. I'll catch the highlights on sportcenter...

Regarding PBS. As the highest cost contract regional in the DCI portfolio by far, what else do you suggest we do? Just hold on to as many pilot jobs as possible til DAL starts taking planes away due contract cost violation?

Stop making out PBS to be so evil. PBS makes an airline run more efficiently because airlines are in business to make money, not to load up on as many pilot jobs as possible.

:banghead:

PBS saves way more than that.

No it doesn't. The number Gonzo gave is identical to the number your MEC Chairman told me about 3 weeks ago. PBS saves very little money in the grand scheme of things, but it will cost a few dozen of your fellow pilots their jobs. Sound worth it? Say it to your fellow pilots' faces as they're turning in their badges and books before they head to the unemployment line.

I really wish pilots would stop thinking that it's their job to run airlines.

Thanks for the insight.

If you have anything that challenges what I stated to Marcus I'm willing to discuss it. Otherwise there isn't much to debate.

That said, are you focusing on the challenges your own company is facing or just sitting idle like some of my peers who still have a job?

I consider myself involved in trying to overcome the challenges my company is facing. If you knew me I don't think you would question it.

I just want to be clear that I agree with some and respect all of your ideas and opinions on what is best for our industry. However there are times when I think that your delivery is flawed. Jumping down someones throat and almost making fun of their idea, opinion, education is very childish and closed minded.

Well, that's great.

That said, I don't think I jump down anyone's throat.

Rather I linked someone's lack of involvment in the process, their type of education (management centered), and their past history as tools to evaluate their thought process and to challenge their opinions.

Opinions are great, we all have them. What's even better is that they can be challenged. That's how progress is made.

I think it says a lot about Trip7's thinking that he would probably be amongst the ones shown the door if PBS were to lead to more furloughs.

Well, that's great.

That said, I don't think I jump down anyone's throat.

Rather I linked someone's lack of involvment in the process, their type of education (management centered), and their past history as tools to evaluate their thought process and to challenge their opinions.

Opinions are great, we all have them. What's even better is that they can be challenged. That's how progress is made.

Sometimes it seems like you talk to Marcus like he is the village idiot.

:banghead:

I really wish pilots would stop thinking that it's their job to run airlines.

No it's the unions job.:cool: PBS is a good way to make things efficient, depending on the airline that means a few furloughs. The thing about Mesa though, PBS is the least of their problems..

Back