Member of West Michigan ministry dies after plane crash. He was my friend.

Oxman

I'm mad, sad and in shock. He was truly a nice guy. Not fair. We had a hundred meals together in Africa. We flew together for 3 months making each other laugh. We just spoke before he left even joke about his skinny legs in a grass skirt.

There is a GoThereFund me page to help his pregnant wife and 3 kids.

I went to LeTourneau with him. He graduated in 2013.

I didn’t know him personally but I’m sure we crossed paths at some point.

I am truly sorry.....it's so difficult and you just feel stunned when a decent person is taken out of your life for no good reason and taken away from the world in which it appears that he was truly making a genuine difference for the positive for many families and especially for children and babies. Sue is making a donation for his family and I have been reading about their organization's orphanage. When I look at that a bit more, we will contribute there as well. The one thing which is so important, is that all the deeds, compassion and kindness that he showed and how hard he worked to help others, will be remembered and will live on in those people and will influence their lives forever. Love is far stronger than death. So sorry for his wife and children. It's going to be really difficult on them for the foreseeable future. I imagine that their family, friends and the organization he worked for are all rallying around them, so some comfort there. Just an awful event.

Last edited:
Thank you for you generous donation. That is incredibly kind. The news has been ripping through all he knew and worked with. We're all stunned. He is someone that never said a bad word about anyone. He was an easy person to joke with and completely unassuming.

Thank you for you generous donation. That is incredibly kind. The news has been ripping through all he knew and worked with. We're all stunned. He is someone that never said a bad word about anyone. He was an easy person to joke with and completely unassuming.
Life is just so damn random. We like to make plans, we like to think we are organized. We behave carefully and thoughtfully. And then just some odd, arbitrary event, out of the blue, enters our world and we find that we don't have half the control that we thought we had. It's especially devastating when it happens to a child or to a good, decent adult. A person who loved and gave back. A person who was charitable,compassionate and was genuinely nice. Someone who was making a real difference in the lives of others. There just is no rationalizing, there is no way to settle our minds, or accept what has happened and suddenly, nothing makes any sense. We are angry, frustrated, in pain and we begin to question everything.

The only thing that we can do is to honor the person, help their family who are left behind, remember all the good/happy times, and make the effort to try and emulate the best qualities of the person. As I mentioned in my post above, love is always far stronger than death. When we have moved on to whatever awaits, the love, the joy, the deeds and the influence and changes that we made in others will live on. In that way, a part of us will live forever.

I just am so sorry over this tragedy. I hope you can connect with his wife and family and certainly with his friends. You are all going to need the support and help one another to heal. Take care as you try to pick up the pieces and mend your heart.

Last edited:
Luke was a good guy. We weren't close friends, but definitely a friend, and most definitely family when it comes to all of us that were in the same graduating class. We had almost all our A&P classes together all throughout college. Breaks my heart. I was looking forward to seeing him again someday to shoot the breeze about flying. Blue Skies, Luke. You were one of the best. The world took you away too soon. :(

Back