Melatonin

Busta McRuffsta

The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla
Will taking over the counter melatonin ever cause an issue with a 121 or 135 company's drug testing? Also, if I interview and take have to provide a urine sample, will taking melatonin to help me sleep the night before show up on the test and disqualify me from being hired?

I'd suggest experimenting with different doses on your days off. There is a "sweet spot" where if I take too little, it gives me insomnia, too much and I have a sleepwalking problem, but about 5 mcg and I'll sleep like a baby but I won't dream.

Sent from my TRS-80

Melatonin. Yikes. I tried that stuff. Deep sleep with vivid dreams for a few hours. Then it's back to insomnia.

Melatonin hits people differently. Like Derg said you have to find the right dose...I found it takes me a few days of normal dosage to start having any effects on me, but once it does, I'm good for 7 or 8 hours and wake up with no need for the snooze button.

I take it about twice a week. One 5mg pill. Works well for me except I only sleep for about 6.5 to 7 hours when normally I will sleep 8 to 9 hours. However I do wake up feeling well rested and am not tired for the most part during the day.

5mg works wonders for me, too. I was concerned with my last trip, which had me getting to the hotel a little after midnight, then having a 0515L wakeup the next day. Nope, 9pm hit, and I was out like a light thanks to that stuff.

Thanks for the responses guys. I've actually been taking it when I need to get sleep or wake up early for the last two years and it has worked wonders. I was just wondering if the airlines cared. Guess not.

Have used it for years, but find different brands have very different potency... need to figure out what works from each.

Melatonin does help me sleep some but I can only use it for a couple three days at a time or it loses it's effect. I enjoy the weird dreams, too.

I once had a melatonin-induced dream that I was snow boarding and there were these feral human babies crawling around in the snow, living under bushes, and they had long scratchy finger nails.... true story.

I had two sleepwalking events where I walked out of my hotel room without a key.

Thank god I don't "sleep commando" and at least had boxers on for the walk of shame down to the front desk.

House phones anymore? Sheesh!

I had two sleepwalking events where I walked out of my hotel room without a key.

Thank god I don't "sleep commando" and at least had boxers on for the walk of shame down to the front desk.

Black man wearing bright yellow rubber ducky boxers roaming around a hotel muttering something about sea monkeys and his money, there are things I would pay money to see.

This is my worst nightmare. I have not gone out of the room, yet.

Black man wearing bright yellow rubber ducky boxers roaming around a hotel muttering something about sea monkeys and his money, there are things I would pay money to see.

Well, if that's what you're into! To each their own! :)

Sent from my TRS-80

That's weird about the dreams because sometimes when I take melatonin I find that it calms my dreams down. Maybe I'm just a weird guy. I've been having math dreams lately... boy does that suck.

Anyway, I usually cut the 3mg pill into quarters and take it about 1/2 hour before it's time to sleep... then the most important part is, don't fight sleep to keep reading or something.

Back