MEI Initial Checkride

RitzFlyer

I will be taking my initial MEI checkride on july 31st with the Alleghany (Pittsburg, PA) FSDO. any advice?

CoffeeIcePapers

Well-Hung Member
Make sure the plane has been to the FSDO before. If not, I wouldn't count on the airplane making it through the FSDO maintenance inspection. They ALWAYS find something wrong with it if they are not familiar with it.

Good luck!

USMC-SSGT

Make sure the plane has been to the FSDO before. If not, I wouldn't count on the airplane making it through the FSDO maintenance inspection. They ALWAYS find something wrong with it if they are not familiar with it.

Good luck!
Exactly, I did the MEI as the initial and I dont think the FSDO examiner ever had any intention of flying. He grounded the airplane within the first 2 minutes and then wrote up 20 random squawks and told us to call him when it was done.

I jumped through 10,000 hoops and went to a designated examiner for my initial MEI after that instead of messing around with the FSDO.

Nihon_Ni

Good luck!
I did my initial CFI-A in my own airplane. I called the FSDO and asked for a courtesy inspection of my airplane and its logbooks a few weeks before my checkride. They sent an inspector out and he spent a few hours going over everything with a fine tooth comb.

matt152

The MEI initial was not too bad. Most of it is just knowledge of single-engine ops which you have down pat by now. And that pesky FOI.

You don't need to worry about eights-on-pylons, steep sprials, chandelles or lazy eights.

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
Go to Miami and have them do the initial ride. They will just give you a DPE 95% of the time for your initial.