Meal plan for the extended stay hotel

Halfway into a week long sentence at the fife clowns right now.

I've been eating a peanut butter protein shake for breakfast (I buy these from the smoothie bar at their gym).

For Lunch it's 2 whole wheat pita pockets, with 2oz of cottage cheese and 1/2 cup lump crab meat each.

For a snack it's either a roasted chicken breast from one of those costco roasted chickens (I buy the whole chicken and keep it in the mini fridge) or 2 oz of roasted turkey cold cuts with grey poupon.

For dinner 1 whole wheat pita pocket with same toppings as lunch.

Yeah it kind of sucks eating the same thing every day for a week but at least this keeps me in the 1500-1600 calories per day range and stays high protein/low carb.

Halfway into a week long sentence at the fife clowns right now.

I've been eating a peanut butter protein shake for breakfast (I buy these from the smoothie bar at their gym).

For Lunch it's 2 whole wheat pita pockets, with 2oz of cottage cheese and 1/2 cup lump crab meat each.

For a snack it's either a roasted chicken breast from one of those costco roasted chickens (I buy the whole chicken and keep it in the mini fridge) or 2 oz of roasted turkey cold cuts with grey poupon.

For dinner 1 whole wheat pita pocket with same toppings as lunch.

Yeah it kind of sucks eating the same thing every day for a week but at least this keeps me in the 1500-1600 calories per day range and stays high protein/low carb.

Cheap lunch for $1.50 at the Costco, or there's always "Lucky Boy" greek diner across the street!

Your co-workers still hanging out in the lobby, sans epaulets, with a 24 pack of Schafer beer?

Cheap lunch for $1.50 at the Costco, or there's always "Lucky Boy" greek diner across the street!

Your co-workers still hanging out in the lobby, sans epaulets, with a 24 pack of Schafer beer?

Yeah, I'm trying to stay away from the Costco snack bar lest I blow up any more than I already have. That's where I got the rest of my supplies though. I got to see the biggest rat I've ever laid eyes on during my trip to the Costco on Tuesday. It was about the size of a Dachshund or Beagle and was hanging out in front of the abandoned pet store next door. It really got my appetite warmed up for a round of Costco shopping and I'm pretty sure it's still laying there.

I dunno about my co-workers. I see more u-boat commander jackets and middle aged women in navy blue skirts with red handkerchiefs than anything around here :) . The five towns freight trash sightings are getting rarer and rarer as Connie and us get more and more comfy with the DHL/CVG sugar daddy. Honestly I'm afraid to go down to the lobby and find out who's down there lest I find myself on the receiving end of a lecture about what a doe eyed noob I am.

To keep the weight down, I'm with the oatmeal crowd. If that's my goal, I eat things like oatmeal, natural applesauce, whey protein, peanut butter sandwiches, rice, and lots of veggies. Veggies can get super expensive so I get the cheapest 16 oz frozen bags I can find. Could probably get cheaper but that would mean chopping. Beans and rice rocks. I highly recommend have a cooking source if eating out is to be avoided. Crock pots, Foreman grills, Fasta Pastas, portable stoves etc are great for extended stay.

This is one of those hotels with a kitchenette so I think it has a cooktop and a microwave. There is a grill outside. I was thinking of picking up a cheap crockpot though while I am there.

Sriracha will save almost any cooking experiment that goes poorly and make those lean cuisines a little tastier....I highly recommend having some on hand. To second others: hummus, yogurt, oatmeal all good choices. Additionally, I've had luck with keeping tortillas on hand, can turn almost any leftover into a wrap.

Back