Massachusetts man killed in plane crash while spreading his father's ashes

Oxman

Massachusetts man killed in plane crash while spreading his father's ashes - NY Daily News

An Army National Guard pilot died Saturday in Massachusetts after his plane crashed en route to scatter his late father’s ashes.
Scott Landis, 34, of Hanson, Mass., was killed just outside the Cranland Airport in Hanson after the small plane he was piloting crashed into a pond Friday, according to ABC News.
His brother Patrick Landis, 29, was injured in the accident, and is reportedly in critical condition at Tufts Medical Center.
The siblings’ uncle Don Conway told local ABC affiliate WCVB that the brothers were spreading the ashes of their father. An obituary shows their dad, Richard Landis, died Aug. 7. The listing also shows Scott is also survived by his wife, Staci.

ny-1535310873-04truid41q-snap-image

When I worked for "the aviator who shan't be named" every so often I'd have to install the "Ash Dispersement Kit" into the belly camera port of one of the Lears. As far as I know he did those flights for free. Pressurization made it work very well, not sure how to do it in a small airplane without making a mess.

When I worked for "the aviator who shan't be named" every so often I'd have to install the "Ash Dispersement Kit" into the belly camera port of one of the Lears. As far as I know he did those flights for free. Pressurization made it work very well, not sure how to do it in a small airplane without making a mess.
Dry airplane (very important)
Open Window
Slip

Back