Martinaire Hiring

floridabeachbum

Just wanted to pass this along that Martinaire is looking for pilots for standby and upcoming routes. Contact Dane Smith new Chief Pilot if interested.

Careers
Martinaire has been a leader in the air cargo industry for over 35 years, and our success is largely attributed to our staff of dedicated professionals. Our team is comprised of ambitious, enthusiastic individuals committed to creating innovative, reliable, and safe air charter solutions. Superior customer service is the root of our customer philosophy.

At Martinaire, we don’t just want you to work for us; we want you to want to work for us. Our pilots and all of our staff members enjoy fulfilling careers, a welcoming team atmosphere, and room for growth. Martinaire is looking for employees as extraordinary as we are, who aspire to excellence in everything they do. We are extremely proud of our competitive benefits package for our full-time employees, which includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as a flex plan, 401K, and more.

A&P Mechanic Requirements

• A&P Certification with 7 to 10 years experience required
  • Experience working on PT6-114 engines – 5 years required
  • S/M experience a plus
  • Cessna Caravan experience a plus
  • FCC and/or IA a plus
  • Pay based on experience
Pilot Requirements

• Total Pilot in Command Time: 1,200 hours
  • Cross Country: 500 hours
  • Night: 100 hours
  • Instrument (actual or simulated) – 75 hours (50 in an actual aircraft)
  • Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
Pilot Hiring Process

A candidate must successfully complete an interview to be eligible for the Hiring Pool, which is maintained by our chief pilot. The hiring process consists of an interview, written evaluation, and flight evaluation. Once hired, there is a two week training process to include ground school, flight training, 135 check ride, and line operating experience.

Note: Pilots should update Martinaire of their employment-seeking status every 90 days.

Available Positions – As of 3/30/2016

At Martinaire, we have a range of rewarding employment opportunities available. If you’re interested in a career as a part of the Martinaire team, view our current job postings below or submit your resume, and we’ll match your skills and experience with one of our open positions. All job availability on this list is up-to-date. Postings are removed promptly once a position is filled. You may also apply for any available position by emailing us at careers@martinaire.com with the position and location in the email subject line.

Position Type Location/Airport

Cessna 208B Captain 1 Full-Time Position Gulfport, MS – GPT

Cessna 208B Captain 1 Full-Time Standby Lansing, MI – LAN

Cessna 208B Captain 4 Full-Time Standby Dallas, TX – ADS/DFW

** No phone calls or faxes, please! **

Martinaire requires the basic Part 135 IFR PIC minimums (FAR 135.243c):
1200 hours total time, 500 hours cross country, 100 hours night, and 75 hours instrument, of which 50 must be in flight.
Hope this helps.

First year pay has been upped to $34,000.00 per year with a $10,000.00 bonus paid every year (Quaterly). This is now permanent along with all other pay raises sceduled.

Another pay raise! Effective September 1, all Martinaire pilots will receive a $10,000. 00 per year pay raise. Starting pay is now $44,000.00 per year. Bonus goes away. With per diem, etc one could easily exceed $45,000.00 per year.

Martinaire is also still hiring as guys/gals get their time (TPIC) and move on.

Is this commutable? I'm only a 2.5 hours from Gulfport.
No Cass, unfortunately, you can drive it, Company will put you up in a hotel during the week at your outstation, it would be tough I would think to drive that everyday. I would call Dane the chief pilot and see.

Another pay raise! Effective September 1, all Martinaire pilots will receive a $10,000. 00 per year pay raise. Starting pay is now $44,000.00 per year. Bonus goes away. With per diem, etc one could easily exceed $45,000.00 per year.

Martinaire is also still hiring as guys/gals get their time (TPIC) and move on.
Good to hear. Now their pay is competitive with other 135 freight operators like AMF and FedEx feeders.

No Cass, unfortunately, you can drive it, Company will put you up in a hotel during the week at your outstation, it would be tough I would think to drive that everyday. I would call Dane the chief pilot and see.

Thanks, I need some more night time before I'm up to 135 mins. And I'm finishing CMEL over the next couple weeks. Resumes will go out then!

Who is/was Mike? All I can say in my time here is that the company treats us EXTREMELY well, show up do your job and you won't here a peep. I can't comment about Mike, don't know who that is. But I must say I love my job, UPS treats us well too. Oh and this company is color blind etc. they don't care about race, color, religion, gender,etc. what they do care is if your qualified, can you do the job and that your not a gluteus Maximus or anal orifice. Has long as your not one of those, you should be fine.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update everyone that Martinaire has IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for pilots to cover the Lansing Michigan run(s). If you need to build time and want IFR experience etc. Please call. The guy up there currently is doing an outstanding job, but needs help. Don't forget 1st year pay is now $45,000.00
per year and can easily exceed with incentives that number. We also have Guymon, Key West, Dallas standby, please check the website or call for current openings. You can also PM me and I will be happy to help forward your app. Have a great day JCers!

Sorry guys/gals looks like Key -West Miami has been filled Guymon and Lansing still open as well as Dallas standbys.
Yeah wuz looking at the Key West one but the cost of living there seems to have spiraled out of control! Hope you're able to staff the other ones soon.

Positions open due to pilot attrition (that's a good thing) has guys/ gals move on:

Guymon, OK
Gulfport, MS
Eugene, OR
Key West, FL (Back Open)
Lansing, MI
Dallas, TX

Yeah wuz looking at the Key West one but the cost of living there seems to have spiraled out of control! Hope you're able to staff the other ones soon.

Yes, Key West is expensive, could you do Miami or one of the other cities down there? Ft Lauderdale?
The individual that was hired and did not make it through (way way out of instrument currency) lived in Ft Lauderdale. It that a possible option?

Yes, Key West is expensive, could you do Miami or one of the other cities down there? Ft Lauderdale?
The individual that was hired and did not make it through (way way out of instrument currency) lived in Ft Lauderdale. It that a possible option?
Yep that's doable :) sent you a PM. Thanks for posting the update.

Question for the masses: If a company like this doesn't have a route filled, do they just not fly?

Do they send out someone from management? I'm curious how these types of operations keep a standard service with what's probably a huge amount of turn-over.

Where do the pilots live at? I assume the outstation is where people pay for their own housing? How does housing work at the instation overnight?

I'm in the Lansing area, but I'm short on the times. Probably be good to go next year though. I'll check back when I meet the minimum times.
What is full-time standby?

Question for the masses: If a company like this doesn't have a route filled, do they just not fly?
Standby pilots are sent from Dallas on one or two week rotations.
Where do the pilots live at? I assume the outstation is where people pay for their own housing? How does housing work at the instation overnight?
Normal routes live in the outstations (Tyler, Guymon, Key West, etc). A very few routes are based in hub cities. A hotel will be provided on the other end of the route (such as Dallas, OKC, or Miami). Hotels are generally pretty meh with a few shining exceptions and truly trashy places.
What is full-time standby?
You cover open routes due to vacations, sicknesses, training, etc. LAN standby doesn't get on the road as much as Dallas standby because they're needed to cover stuff up there. Dallas will spend months on the road at a time with a weekend at home at a time, sometimes arriving home Saturday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon. Unless you wanna make a career of it I would look elsewhere.

Maintenance is generally very good in Dallas, crappy in Lansing, and varies from outstation to outstation. I wouldn't trust the current CP as far as I could throw him and would not advise it to anyone - it's not much flight time, and the time is generally useless (single engine turbine is still single engine). If you wanna do 135 freight as a time builder go to ACC/Alpine/Freight Runners/etc. get your time and move along. If you wanna fly Caravans go to a FedEx feeder that will pay you more and treat you better to fly better equipment.

Thanks @JeppUpdater. Not planning on making it a career here. I was just thinking about building time. I met the guy who used to have the Lansing run back when they were using the Metro. He's a JC member actually.
Right now my goal is to fly floatplanes, especially a DHC-2 someplace beautiful like Alaska, Caribbean, or South Pacific. I meet VFR 135 minimums easily, but short on IFR 135 minimums right now.

Last edited:
Back