Male Flight Attendants & Gay

If I'm going to have a guy FA, I'd actually prefer that he were gay. Like someone said, the straight ones will make it known within the first part of any new conversation, and then they go out of their way the whole trip to tell us how many girls they've "banged" and how they got 4 sets of "digits" on the overnight. It also seems to me that in an effort to be looked at as a man's man, they also they have to refer to sex, women, boobs, and vaginas in the most vulgar/obscure terms possible.

Strangely enough, many of the straight-male flight attendants I've worked with the past few months have been the exact opposite. They didn't make it clear they were straight, but it just came out in normal conversations about your wife, kids, girlfriend, etc. In fact, two straight-male flight attendants are on my "definitely fly-with list." Great guys to have an adult beverage and good conversation with.

I think most problems arise when we start putting people into groups. Then you have preconceived notions about them because of their "group," and it doesn't allow you to truly get to know the person. Sure some people fit the stereotype, but many do not.

Male, female, both, gay, straight, bi, black, white, purple, yellow, red, fuchsia, tall, short, fat, skinny, who cares. All I ask is that you do your job, keep our customers happy, and don't embarrass us. If you'd like to grab a beer and enjoy some lively conversation during our off time, then even better!

I think most problems arise when we start putting people into groups. Then you have preconceived notions about them because of their "group," and it doesn't allow you to truly get to know the person. Sure some people fit the stereotype, but many do not.

Male, female, both, gay, straight, bi, black, white, purple, yellow, red, fuchsia, tall, short, fat, skinny, who cares. All I ask is that you do your job, keep our customers happy, and don't embarrass us. If you'd like to grab a beer and enjoy some lively conversation during our off time, then even better!

:clap:

You da man!

I had a layover one time with a gay flight attendant (Not that theres anything wrong with that) and he came down to catch the shuttle the next morning and was pissed because the shuttle was a few minutes late... He went up to the lady at the front desk and told her if he doesn't show up within the next few minutes he was going back upstairs to paint his mad eyebrows on!!! I laughed so hard when he said that!! :rotfl:That was funny...

Now that's just silly. Really?

I learned a new gag from a captain the other day that you can use to mess with homophobic cockpit crewmembers.

During the approach, when they have their hand resting on the thrust levers, just gently lay your hands on top of theirs. Then in your lispiest, sing-songiest voice, say, "Coupled Approoooach."

:laff:

This was shown to me on IOE on my first PF leg as we were crossing the FAF. :cwm27:

In 11 months as a gate agent, I've met ONE straight male flight attendant. The guy is with Jetblue and gets more tail than Les Abend in Thailand.

90%? Hell, I'd say its more like 99.99999%. Then again, the ones I meet are usually SFO based or visiting SFO. If I was gay I'd want to be here all the time too.

I had a layover one time with a gay flight attendant (Not that theres anything wrong with that)
wrongd.jpg

wrongd.jpg

In 11 months as a gate agent, I've met ONE straight male flight attendant. The guy is with Jetblue and gets more tail than Les Abend in Thailand.

90%? Hell, I'd say its more like 99.99999%. Then again, the ones I meet are usually SFO based or visiting SFO. If I was gay I'd want to be here all the time too.

Do you ask every one if they're gay or not?

Here's my question about some (not all!) straight flight attendants. Within about five minutes of establishing his heterosexuality (didn't ask!) there's usually some story about how much tail he gets or something else über-macho like looking at the cans in 6B?

Here's my question about some (not all!) straight flight attendants. Within about five minutes of establishing his heterosexuality (didn't ask!) there's usually some story about how much tail he gets or something else über-macho like looking at the cans in 6B?
Pretty much. I was just chatting with him about Jetblue wondering what their service was like and how the snack bar worked and all that stuff, then he interrupts me to tell me how "DAMN FINE" the flight attendant is and how she looks like a girl he banged in Salt Lake City ect ect.

The more he talked the more it went over the top and the more I wanted to tell him "Ok, you like boobs, I get it already".

Doug, I think you'll really like this. I'm glad we both agree about this point. Check out what the FA says after asking about Santa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GiEZNkmQow&feature=channel

actually, this one displays the idea even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyYBDexg8dw&feature=channel

Pretty much. I was just chatting with him about Jetblue wondering what their service was like and how the snack bar worked and all that stuff, then he interrupts me to tell me how "DAMN FINE" the flight attendant is and how she looks like a girl he banged in Salt Lake City ect ect.

The more he talked the more it went over the top and the more I wanted to tell him "Ok, you like boobs, I get it already".

Ah ha!!! I guarantee that this occurred within the first 60 seconds.

I can tell you that this happens, with heterosexual men under the age of 40 99% of the time.

Interestingly, I bet you I know who this FA is... LOL... they aren't all as straight as they claim to be.. btw.

Next time you're on a HAL flight, try giving the big Polynesian flight attendant crap about being gay. See how that works out for ya:D

Ah ha!!! I guarantee that this occurred within the first 60 seconds.

I can tell you that this happens, with heterosexual men under the age of 40 99% of the time.

Interestingly, I bet you I know who this FA is... LOL... they aren't all as straight as they claim to be.. btw.
Pretty cool black dude with a shaved head?

I don't get it, the majority of gate agents are gay, but I don't ever feel the need to prove my heterosexuality. That usually gets established anyway accidentally when flight attendants catch me starting at their boobies.

Back