Magazine subscriptions???

Johnny150

The Warden
I was wondering what magazines people are subscribed to on the forum, lately I have been subscribing to more and more the latest was national geographic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Aviation International News is all I get.
FlyingMag is one big advertisemnt and according to them there hasn't been a bad business jet produced in the last 20 years...
AOPA is crap because you can only write so many articles about GA, then they get staff turnover and THEY write about those topics...
Aviation International News is good, I get it, it's free, but by the time the mag comes out you've already read it in their email updates.

Road & Track. AOPA Pilot. Professional Pilot.

Professional Pilot is a free subscription if you're interested. Most of their stuff is geared toward corporate pilots, but they do cover tech, procedures and weather in an informative way.

I like money. Most of the stuff is common sense but every once in a while I read an article that makes me research more into something.

Always watch out for the automatic renewal in fine print when you order a magazine. If you get those "great deals", twelve months later you see a big charge on your credit card for the next year's renewal at a much higher rate. I've always found them to be good about killing the automatic renewal feature when asked, but you have to look for it and take action not to get caught.

images

IFR, Esquire, Traverse (northern Michigan), Wall Street Journal & Daily Oklahoman. Yeah, the last two are newspapers, but that rounds out what gets delivered and read at the house.

Always watch out for the automatic renewal in fine print when you order a magazine. If you get those "great deals", twelve months later you see a big charge on your credit card for the next year's renewal at a much higher rate. I've always found them to be good about killing the automatic renewal feature when asked, but you have to look for it and take action not to get caught.

NEVER give those people your CC. Pay by check so they can't auto-renew. Also, watch out for those renewal notices. They will renew you halfway into you subscription and before you know it, you are subscribed for years in the future.

Playboy, Penthouse, and Hustler. Hopefully, one of these days, a guy can get some pr0n without having to pay for it. Ah... some day....

Utne Reader, The Economist, Jane's Defense Weekly, Journal of Electronic Defense, Aviation Week, Red Bulletin, Acoustic Guitar, and the European edition of Combat Aircraft Monthly (okay, pirated copy, but it's like $20 a copy).

Get a Zinio account (zinio.com) and see if the magazines you like are available digitally for significantly cheaper than full price, AND Zinio has agreements (code share?) with many municipal library systems to "check out" digital magazines for free. Check out your library's website for information about checking out digital copies via Zinio, and checking out ebooks for free via OverDrive Media Console. A great way to read ebooks for free...

Back