M&H Uniforms Issues

JaceTheAce

So today I spoke with M&H (the same lady I dealt with a few months back on another issue). Their tie vendor had an issue with the dye rubbing off on white shirts. They knew of this problem, along with thousands of other US Airways/Piedmont/PSA pilots and their tie vendor corrected the problem. The same lady said she'd send me two new replacement ties and two new uniform shirts. The ties arrived in the mail two months later but the shirts did not.

Fast forward 6 months later. Since the ties took two months to arrive, I waited patiently longer on the shirts and ended up forgetting about them. Today I called M&H and the same lady I spoke with 6 months ago wants me to ship back my dye-stained shirts with a $7.50 shipping allowance. She said they only pay $7.50 because she knows that we get a discount on FedEx shipping - IS SHE FRIGGIN SERIOUS?!?!?!?! So she's going to pay less for shipping because she knows we get our US Airways discount on shipping?! And she wants me to spend money on gas and take time out of my day to go ship it when it was M&H's mistake for selling poor quality products? Why couldn't she just send two new [horribly quality] shirts?

Now the seams on my pants are ripping, the belt loops are ripping, and the inner lining of my uniform jacket came apart.

So, recently I lost weight since I stopped eating airport food...went from a 32" to a 30"...and I needed new pants. I was NOT going to give one more dime to M&H (overpriced low-quality crap for $53 each pant) so I went to the mall and bought my own - looks like the same fabric, but much better quality for a lot less.

Anyone else having problems with M&H?

So today I spoke with M&H (the same lady I dealt with a few months back on another issue). Their tie vendor had an issue with the dye rubbing off on white shirts. They knew of this problem, along with thousands of other US Airways/Piedmont/PSA pilots and their tie vendor corrected the problem. The same lady said she'd send me two new replacement ties and two new uniform shirts. The ties arrived in the mail two months later but the shirts did not.

Fast forward 6 months later. Since the ties took two months to arrive, I waited patiently longer on the shirts and ended up forgetting about them. Today I called M&H and the same lady I spoke with 6 months ago wants me to ship back my dye-stained shirts with a $7.50 shipping allowance. She said they only pay $7.50 because she knows that we get a discount on FedEx shipping - IS SHE FRIGGIN SERIOUS?!?!?!?! So she's going to pay less for shipping because she knows we get our US Airways discount on shipping?! And she wants me to spend money on gas and take time out of my day to go ship it when it was M&H's mistake for selling poor quality products? Why couldn't she just send two new [horribly quality] shirts?

Now the seams on my pants are ripping, the belt loops are ripping, and the inner lining of my uniform jacket came apart.

So, recently I lost weight since I stopped eating airport food...went from a 32" to a 30"...and I needed new pants. I was NOT going to give one more dime to M&H (overpriced low-quality crap for $53 each pant) so I went to the mall and bought my own - looks like the same fabric, but much better quality for a lot less.

They suck...and so do their clothes...I buy my pants at Kohls and my shirts from Joe at Landerwood in CLT....They are great quality and super nice people...

Holy cow man, I'd write a note to FDX about M&H pressuring customers to use discounted shipping for solely business purposes.

It took us two and a half months to recieve our uniforms.... when my arrived, to my suprised, I recieved a size 46 blazer and my pants were a 28 waist.... now something here just doesn't add up correctly if all my marbles are present.
Anyway.... I kinda got the same type of runaround.... just ended up visiting them in person while I was visiting friends in CA during the week.

My ties bled onto my shirt. I didnt think about even calling them, but maybe I will now.

They sent me a hat size WAY to big. Then I had to pay to send my stuff back to them and get it corrected. They sent me 2 hats on mistake back and didnt charge me double, so free hat for me.

My pants already ripped down the sides and I had to have them fixed at the dry cleaner.

I gave up on them awhile ago. I have everything I need, but I pay out of my own pocket for ties/shirts from theoutermarker.com and I found a military surplus store that has pants (police issue dress pants) for MUCH cheaper and the color is the dark navy blue I am in need of.

good luck! Do you have an airline rep that can help you?

When I got my uniform when I was a new hire they sent me THREE hats. Yes that's right 3. Two f/o and one capt. When I upgraded I didn't have to buy a hat

Amazingly the only problem I've had with these clowns was a tie that literally fell apart. But many others at PDT have been having huge problems with these guys ever since the change from blue to black.

M&H is terrible! Their clothing is poor quality and the customer service is atrocious! I will never willingly buy their overpriced junk using my own money. Given the choice to shop around, I wouldn't waist my uniform allowance on this crap either.....but I have no choice on where to use the allowance.

See this thread for similar experiences: [thread=78111]Uniform Companies[/thread]

I gave up on them awhile ago. I have everything I need, but I pay out of my own pocket for ties/shirts from theoutermarker.com and I found a military surplus store that has pants (police issue dress pants) for MUCH cheaper and the color is the dark navy blue I am in need of.

good luck! Do you have an airline rep that can help you?

What is the surplus store if you don't mind sharing? I've had it with the M&H pants. Every pair that I own is falling apart.

I don't think I've EVER worn the M&H tie. I bought a zipper tie from The Stop Over Store before I even flew one flight.

What is the surplus store if you don't mind sharing? I've had it with the M&H pants. Every pair that I own is falling apart.

Yes I would like to know too. I searched everywhere trying to find pants that would match my blazer and I finally bit the bullet and ordered another pair from M&H that still don't fit right even after alterations. I would love to find another supplier for pants!

I hate the M&H shirts and really suggest pilotshirts.com for shirts. The tapered beefy oxford are great. With the pants if it's cold and there is a breeze it doesn't feel like you are wearing any. The wind cuts right through them and they fall apart. As I said in another thread I haven't been able to find any decent pants that match the jacket. If anyone has a link to navy blue pants that match perfectly it would help out. I have heard that Haggar used to have a color called midnight navy or something but they stopped making them.

Yes I would like to know too. I searched everywhere trying to find pants that would match my blazer and I finally bit the bullet and ordered another pair from M&H that still don't fit right even after alterations. I would love to find another supplier for pants!

Go to any local police supply store. They have all kinds of really durable pants in pretty much any color that we would need. The bonus is that you can pick up a good tie and a bullet proof vest while you're there.....

Go to any local police supply store. They have all kinds of really durable pants in pretty much any color that we would need. The bonus is that you can pick up a good tie and a bullet proof vest while you're there.....

In my experience the particular shade of Navy they use is very hard to match. If the color is not perfect it will clash with the jacket. It's no different than any other suit you can't just mix and match you have to have the proper color, texture, sheen of the fabric, etc. or it will look terrible. I'm not saying it doesn't exist I just haven't found it outside of M&H.. yet.

M+H SUCKS! Every time I called them with a uniform issue they would cop an attitude. Not to mention that after thirty days, if you have a shirt/pants size issue, they will not take the return. So then you have to buy new pants or shirts. Thankfully I had my uniforms paid off before I got furloughed. So unless I gain a lot of weight, I can just wear my old ones.

I hate the M&H shirts and really suggest pilotshirts.com for shirts. The tapered beefy oxford are great. With the pants if it's cold and there is a breeze it doesn't feel like you are wearing any. The wind cuts right through them and they fall apart. As I said in another thread I haven't been able to find any decent pants that match the jacket. If anyone has a link to navy blue pants that match perfectly it would help out. I have heard that Haggar used to have a color called midnight navy or something but they stopped making them.

I wear Express Producer pants with my uniform. They sit lower on the waist (I absolutely hate high rising waists), crotch seam sits closer to the crotch (unlike M&H Pants where the crotch seam hangs a good 6 inches below...ugly), are more fitted, and are much better quality than M&H. I bought two pairs for $10 each ($89 pants) when they were on clearance. They often have them on eBay for about $25. Their black fabric are an EXACT match with my uniform jacket.

Much better and cheaper than the $63 pants at M&H. Folks, if you are a new hire on an airline in the future, SKIP THE PANTS and buy your own. And never buy the M&H trenchcoat - it is cheap, overpriced, and you can find something much better at Burlington Coat Factory.

express-pants-11.jpg

I wear Express Producer pants with my uniform. They sit lower on the waist (I absolutely hate high rising waists), crotch seam sits closer to the crotch (unlike M&H Pants where the crotch seam hangs a good 6 inches below...ugly), are more fitted, and are much better quality than M&H. I bought two pairs for $10 each ($89 pants) when they were on clearance. They often have them on eBay for about $25. Their black fabric are an EXACT match with my uniform jacket.

Much better and cheaper than the $63 pants at M&H. Folks, if you are a new hire on an airline in the future, SKIP THE PANTS and buy your own. And never buy the M&H trenchcoat - it is cheap, overpriced, and you can find something much better at Burlington Coat Factory.

express-pants-11.jpg

Thats good for the black uniforms but the Navy ones that I wear are hard to match.

Speaking of trench coats. . .anyone have any recommendations for wool coats?

Macy's has a Calvin Klien coat, haven't had a chance to look at Gap or Banana Republic or JC Penny's or any other assorted department stores yet. . .figured I'd ask around before I go and waste my gas as well.

Back