Lufthansa-System HIRING (DON’T MISS THIS OPPURTUNITY!!!! )

Re: Lufthansa-System HIRING (DON’T MISS THIS OPPURTUNITY!!!!

Hey guys, I just received an offer of employment from Lufthansa and I accepted! If it weren't for these forums I wouldn't have found out about this job. The value of this place has really sunk in for me and I'm looking forward to the move from Maui to Zurich. Just in time for ski season!

I'd be happy to answer any questions, I'd suggest checking the Lufthansa website for openings in the future. (http://www.be-lufthansa.com/#/en/home/)

Regards,

Thomas

http://www.be-lufthansa.com/#/en/home/

Congrats Thomas! What I tell ya, JC is a gold mine! I will give you a call today.

Wow, you're lucky... I was (if not the first) to submit my resume, and I never heard ANYTHING. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I actually expected them to be professional, and give me the courtesy of saying no...

Wow, you're lucky... I was (if not the first) to submit my resume, and I never heard ANYTHING. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I actually expected them to be professional, and give me the courtesy of saying no...

Same thing here. I haven't heard anything...

Thomas,
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum erfolgreichen Vorstellungsgespräch!
Ich nehme an der Arbeitsplatz is in der Nähe von Zürich?

Grüeziwohl und auf Wiederluge!

Cheers
George

PS: Some Swiss HipHop: by Sektion Kuchikäschtli for good measure...
(Kuchikäschtli = Kitchen Cupboard one of the most tortured words in Swiss German)

Thomas,
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum erfolgreichen Vorstellungsgespräch!
Ich nehme an der Arbeitsplatz is in der Nähe von Zürich?

Grüeziwohl und auf Wiederluge!

Cheers
George

PS: Some Swiss HipHop: by Sektion Kuchikäschtli for good measure...
(Kuchikäschtli = Kitchen Cupboard one of the most tortured words in Swiss German)

I don't speak German so I cheated and used a translator, thanks for the best wishes! Work is about 5 km from Zurich airport.

I'm surprised some of you guys didn't get a response back, the people at LH I spoke with were very professional.

I'm surprised some of you guys didn't get a response back, the people at LH I spoke with were very professional.

I was surprised too. In the 8 years I lived and worked in Germany, I NEVER had a job application that was not answered. Needless to say I was VERY angry (not at you) about the whole thing.

I hope my resume even made it to their desk? :confused:

Work is about 5 km from Zurich airport.

You can go check out the SMART dealership with the giant PEZ dispenser for SMARTS:

smart_center_gross.GIF

It's in Walisellen just 5 KM south of the airport, if Doug flies over it he screwed up the departure... for RW16 ;-)

Cheers
George

I also received a phone call today! The interview went all right, just a little too nervous. They seem like a great place to work. Thanks again for the referral!

BTW just a little disappointed to see some of the complaining from people who had not head back. I would love to know which companies in the US respond to ALL of their apps. Just my 2cents!

I also received a phone call today! The interview went all right, just a little too nervous. They seem like a great place to work. Thanks again for the referral!

BTW just a little disappointed to see some of the complaining from people who had not head back. I would love to know which companies in the US respond to ALL of their apps. Just my 2cents!

In my case it was just a lost email, and they are supposed to call me tomorrow. But in reference to what you were saying, I never expect US companies to respond, but I do expect foreign ones to... as they always have.

In my case it was just a lost email, and they are supposed to call me tomorrow.

How'd your email get lost and how'd you find out they are going to call you?
I'm still interested in this and wish i could find out some more info...

I had a phone interview with them last week. Everything went very well and I have been asked to come to Zurich for a personal interview. They are a great group and if you have not heard from them I would be expecting a call.

I just want to thank Red-Baron for taking my CV over to them, thanks for the opportunity.

I just got back from Zurich and the job interview went well. I am going to be starting in a few months. If anyone that is going over for an interview has any questions feel free to PM me.

I just graduated from a CTI school (MTSU) with a degree in Aerospace Dispatch/Scheduling and did all the extra ATC courses. I have an FAA Dispatch License, but no real life experience. I would be interested in the LUfthansa position. What is my next step?

PM Red-Baron your resume.

Just got into Zurich last night and went into the office today. It it looks like it'll be a great place to work. From what I heard they are still looking (interviewing at least).

Just got into Zurich last night and went into the office today. It it looks like it'll be a great place to work. From what I heard they are still looking (interviewing at least).

Best of luck to anyone who gets hired. I declined the job for a few reasons:

1. I'm being furloughed from my current flying job (on Monday actually!).
2. That salary for Switzerland is below average, and will be a struggle to survive on, especially in Zurich.
3. Moving back to Europe and taking a non-flying job would pretty much mean I would not be flying ever again, something I don't want.

Good luck to everyone!

Best of luck to anyone who gets hired. I declined the job for a few reasons:

1. I'm being furloughed from my current flying job (on Monday actually!).
2. That salary for Switzerland is below average, and will be a struggle to survive on, especially in Zurich.
3. Moving back to Europe and taking a non-flying job would pretty much mean I would not be flying ever again, something I don't want.

Good luck to everyone!

So you did eventually hear from them huh? Well i'm guessing that they never received my resume then...:confused:

So you did eventually hear from them huh? Well i'm guessing that they never received my resume then...:confused:

I did, but only because I asked a few times about it... They never received mine either, I had to re-submit to them. If you're still interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact info of the director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackpilot

I did, but only because I asked a few times about it... They never received mine either, I had to re-submit to them.
I'm sorry to hear that some of you weren't notified from LH-Systems regarding your application and I agree that's not professional at all! But I assure that all applications were forward to the appropriate people! But I don't know what happened afterwards, I received a couple complains in this regard and I told HR about it, and that they should at least notify the people! By the way, I don't work for LH-Systems anymore, I left for several reasons!

Good luck!

Back