LSU # 1

RPM

LSU wins, woooooohoooohohohoo # 1 oh yea!!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif

http://lsusports.net/ audio of the last seconds of the game

Yup. And it's too bad we didn't see USC's receivers -- man, are those guys burners -- against that tough LSU defense. Wow. What a matchup.

There is no way Oklahoma -- as good as they were -- deserved to be in the Sugar Bowl after getting smacked around like they did by K-State.

They are the #1 team in the nation. They beat the BCS #1, have other wins over top 25 teams (some very dominating), beat a good UGA team TWICE, and their only loss comes to a good Florida team.

Had they played Florida the same weekend as the "You can't spell SUCK without USC" Trojans or the week before and lost they would have been #1 as the AP voters tend to vote that way since their lost came more recently than USCs.

The LSU D was AMAZING. Freshman Justin Vincent played a hell of a game. In my book I though the whole D line of Hill, Spears, Lavalais, and Williams should have been players of the game. They really did a great job.

It really is a great day to be a Tigers fan and a SEC fan.

And that's why I'm saying I'd have loved to have seen a USC LSU game. I have no idea who would win, but it sure would be fun to watch.

You'd have two cliches going at each other. One is speed kills, and one is that defense wins championships. Which one would be right?

But we're not going to see the end of the BCS. I can't recall the last school that's not in a BCS conference that's won it all -- maybe BYU back in the 80s? So people like me will just have to say, wow, wouldn't that have been a fun game to watch.

yup, I would love to see that game USC vs LSU too! USCs Pete Caroll is an errogant jerkoff, and I would LOVE to watch that awsome LSU defense kill the trojans!
grin.gif

It would be a very close matchup, oh well - LSU #1 ha ha ha
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yeah, LSU is #1 because the REAL #1 team in the nation got hosed and couldn't even show their stuff in the big game. Nothing like the home field advantage in the national championship game!

They need to fix (or should I say repair) the BCS so it isn't "fixed" like it was this year. It's unfair to not let the real national champs (and #1 team in both the AP and Coaches Polls before BCS selection day) get a shot at the title game.

some of my friends and I think there should be a "bonus bowl" held at a "bonus location" where the top teams complete for whose who....

it'd be pretty kewl if they actually called it "bonus bowl"
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, LSU is #1 because the REAL #1 team in the nation got hosed and couldn't even show their stuff in the big game. Nothing like the home field advantage in the national championship game!

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen! Well said.

I'm an SEC fan and even I believe that LSU doesn't deserve the "National Championship" title all to themselves.

They looked amazing last night, but I'm not sure if it was because they ARE amazing or that OSU looked horrible.

At any rate... Congrats to LSU AND USC on their National Titles.

An intersting aside: This morning's paper featured an article by the BCS Commissioner admitting that the current system is a mistake.

YA THINK?????

[ QUOTE ]
BCS Coordinator's Wish List: Revise System, Chuck Computers
By JOEY JOHNSTON jjohnston@tampatrib.com
Published: Jan 5, 2004

NEW ORLEANS - Big East Conference commissioner Mike Tranghese, in his last days as coordinator of the Bowl Championship Series, shared his personal wish list on Sunday morning:

Revising the current format, perhaps keeping factors such as strength of schedule, losses and quality wins.

Getting rid of the computers.

Relying on the human element, perhaps establishing an NCAA Basketball Tournament-style oversight committee that has the final say on a championship matchup.
It was several hours before the Oklahoma Sooners and LSU Tigers met in the Sugar Bowl, designated as the BCS Championship Game. It was three days after the USC Trojans, ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press and USA Today/ ESPN polls (but No. 3 in the final BCS standings), had soundly beaten Michigan 28-14 in the Rose Bowl.

But the results already seemed inevitable - a split national championship, the very thing the BCS was created to prevent.

Tranghese said he was speaking for himself, not the consensus of BCS-ruling commissioners from the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and SEC. <font color="red">But the top-ranked team in the polls being bypassed for the agreed-upon national championship game?

Unacceptable, he said, calling it an ``unintended consequence.'' </font>

``We talked about the possibility of a team being ranked No. 1 in the polls (and not making the BCS top two), but we never, ever thought or considered that it would happen,'' said Tranghese, who will give way to Big 12 commissioner Kevin Wieberg, the new BCS coordinator, next season. ``We should have thought of it.

<font color="red">``We all know it's an imperfect system. But I think we made a mistake. And I think we should be criticized for it.'' </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
And they are.
smirk.gif

There's more and you can go to tbo.com to read it.

How about the "Big Bowl" with no sponsorship. Yeah right...

I wanted LSU to win and I would probably cheer for them in a USC VS LSU game, but the system stinks!

Well, it's not that I "wanted" OU to win, I just thought they would. I'm an SEC fan at heart, so it's good to see the National Championship title (at least partly) belong to an SEC team.

I'm just glad that FSU's reign over the ACC is effectively OVER as of next year. I literally laughed out loud when I heard that Miami was joining the ACC.
cool.gif

Up until next year, that had to be the the weakest conference in all of NCAA football. It was a joke that FSU was even allowed to join. Now, it'll be different.
wink.gif

You gotta stop with the OSU instead of OU, my friend. Do that in some towns in Oklahoma and you might end up in a bit of trouble.

grin.gif

By the way, did you see the ad that ESPN had with the couple wearing Ohio State and Michigan t-shirts making out? I loved the tag line -- without sports, this would be disgusting. Sorry, guys, it still was.

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta stop with the OSU instead of OU, my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
D'OH!!!

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, did you see the ad that ESPN had with the couple wearing Ohio State and Michigan t-shirts making out? I loved the tag line -- without sports, this would be disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Loved it!!!
grin.gif

People let's not forget that OU had a TERRIBLE game and while LSU's defense looked great the offense looked kind of lethargic.
As pathetic as OU looked, USC is known for capitalizing on your mistakes, USC would have been up 40-something to 14 by game's end.
As far as a LSU - USC matchup goes, by the way I have roots in both schools, I think SC would beat LSU. They're good on both sides of the ball, while LSU's offense is questionable.

Oh now you have done it R2F. You can make all the liberal comments you want and I don't ever say anything but the ACC comments are way over the line.
tongue.gif

Just kidding

However, to add a little reality to your distorted SEC view of the world...

grin.gif

If you do a little checking you will see that the ACC, the weakest conference in football according to you, did quite well in bowl play this year. I know Tennessee sure thinks they did. FSU was yet another (I think it is 5 now) wide-right from beating a solid Miami team.

All in all, the SEC won 5 bowl games and so did the ACC. The SEC lost the bowl they played against the weak ACC. The only ACC team in a bowl that didn't win (The ACC sent 6 of 9 teams) was ironically the one who dominates the conference every year. They lost to the team who you think will dominate in the future.

Over the season the ACC went 5-4 in games against the SEC. Just because one team consistently wins a conference doesn't mean the conference is weak.

Everyone in the SEC thinks that it is the toughest conference when in reality, I just don't think it is. I will agree that every year they tend to have a couple of really good teams but that is bound to happen when there are 12 teams in a conference.

HEHE Damn you!
You get my college football conference inferiority complex all worked up and that’s all you say!
grin.gif

I heard that Marshall and University of Central Flordia are headed to the ACC. They both say that the MAC is not competative enough, and that the MAC is a horrible conference. Maybe that's because both of them got STOMPED this year by the likes of Bowling Green, Miami of Ohio, NIU and the other teams that did well this year.

Did anyone else also notice that MAC teams won more bowl games than Big Ten. The MAC is going to take over the world.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Actually, I misspoke - the weakest D1 conference is the division USF is joining - The Big East.

The ACC is the second weakest.
laugh.gif

Back