LSU # 1

Yup. USF started playing D1AA ball back in 1996 (or was it 1997?) and they joined D1 last year in Conference USA.

They - and pretty much all of CUSA - are joining the Big East as the likes of Miami move out.

As an LSU fan I would agree the offense really was not clicking all too well especially in the end when all I wanted to see them do was move the ball for a first down on the ground!!! I think there mediocre Offense is a result of a good OU D. OU has some prime-time players on D.

Heres a little factoid for people not thinking the SEC is the best in the land......they are the first to have 2 BCS champions!!! UT and LSU!

And another testament to football being a religion in the South....Have a friend who went to a funeral today for a guy who had a heart attack during the UT loss to Clemson in the Peach Bowl

[ QUOTE ]
Have a friend who went to a funeral today for a guy who had a heart attack during the UT loss to Clemson in the Peach Bowl

[/ QUOTE ]

Mannn, is that passion for the game/team or what?!?!?!?!?!?

Nah...you're wrong.

The ACC is strong and becoming the strongest.

So there.
tongue.gif

ACC not only won the ESPN bowl challenge ( 5-1 record ) but we beat the SEC in the regular season and romped teams from the Big East, WAC, Big 12, and the SEC (Did Tennessee show up to the Peach Bowl?)

*whew* - I can now sleep soundly tonight...

what they really should do is at least have one more bowl game afterword to determine the real champ. USC vs. LSU would be awesome.. Plus there needs to be some kind of playoff to determine a champ. A true champion should have to play more than one game especially with such a long layoff

[ QUOTE ]
ACC not only won the ESPN bowl challenge ( 5-1 record ) but we beat the SEC in the regular season and romped teams from the Big East, WAC, Big 12, and the SEC (Did Tennessee show up to the Peach Bowl?)

*whew* - I can now sleep soundly tonight...

[/ QUOTE ]
That was this year.

Now... let's talk about the past TWO decades.

Wakey Wakey GATechKid.
grin.gif

We aren't talking about the last two decades. We are talking about this year.

You said [ QUOTE ]
Up until next year, that had to be the the weakest conference in all of NCAA football. It was a joke that FSU was even allowed to join. Now, it'll be different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you meant "Up until this year, that had to be the weakest..."

It is good however to see you concede that the ACC was better than the SEC this year.
tongue.gif

And for the record, I think the Big East is and has been on the whole much weaker than the ACC.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you meant "Up until this year, that had to be the weakest..."

[/ QUOTE ]
True.. I did. Good catch.
laugh.gif

And I'm a coledge grajumate.
cool.gif
grin.gif

Every year there are two top teams that everyone pretty much agrees on. Who's no1 and no2 is always a debate. I say take those two teams, the top two in the AP and ESPN poll are almost always the same especially at the end of the year, and have a bowl game just for them.
Thing is, the people knew OU was falling off. They were more like a no3 team at year's end. Sure OU had the BCS numbers from the regular season but after the KState loss they were clearly a different team.

[ QUOTE ]
Up until next year, that had to be the the weakest conference in all of NCAA football. It was a joke that FSU was even allowed to join. Now, it'll be different.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope HAS to be Sun Belt. Theres not a team above .500...UL Lafayette sucked this year and North Texas is the absolute BEST team in the confrence and would be a stretch to say there even average. Anyway as far as "heard" of confrences ACC is definately in the top (or was).

[ QUOTE ]
audio of the last seconds of the game
grin.gif

http://lsusports.net/

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very cool. I have heard that all the sports memorbilia stores down there have had lines out the door. What I wouldn't give to have been there...

The only advantage of living in Louisiana in my opinion is the college football season and LSU ( that and the crawfish)
laugh.gif
. Their games are absolutley awesome! I wish i could have been there for the party myself, but as it is im in Florida, i cant believe it took me moving out of the state for them to win the national championship!

Back