LOW TIME PILOT "UNDER 500 TT" JOBS

You're in the wrong section bud, this is for the pros only. Let's leave before they notice us.

What a strange time.
It actually makes a lot of sense. There is a pilot shortage, but not at every level. There's a shortage of 1500 hour ATP's. That's it. The majors are paying enough to suck talent from anywhere they want. Which means they have no shortage. But because they don't have a shortage, everyone else that needs an ATP or more does have a shortage because they don't pay enough to retain their people.
Places that refuse to accept the realities of supply and demand have a shortage. It's weird though, if there's a fuel shortage and fuel goes to $5/gal they don't refuse to buy fuel. They accept that reality.
But there's no shortage of pilots without an ATP and less than 1500 hours. I think ACE has a line around the block to be a 1900 FO. Problem is, as soon as that FO has 1500 hours and can be PIC for ACE, they run off to a higher paying, better QOL, etc gig. So they have a shortage of Captains and one way to deal with that is to lock people into working for them rather than paying them enough to make them want tot stay. (I don't know if they allow 1200 hours PICs and just bar them from pax flying for 300, probably not since it's another checkride and only 300 hours, which is like a month of flying for them).

Last edited:
It actually makes a lot of sense. There is a pilot shortage, but not at every level. There's a shortage of 1500 hour ATP's. That's it. The majors are paying enough to suck talent from anywhere they want. Which means they have no shortage. But because they don't have a shortage, everyone else that needs an ATP or more does have a shortage because they don't pay enough to retain their people.
Places that refuse to accept the realities of supply and demand have a shortage. It's weird though, if there's a fuel shortage and fuel goes to $5/gal they don't refuse to buy fuel. They accept that reality.
But there's no shortage of pilots without an ATP and less than 1500 hours. I think ACE has a line around the block to be a 1900 FO. Problem is, as soon as that FO has 1500 hours and can be PIC for ACE, they run off to a higher paying, better QOL, etc gig. So they have a shortage of Captains and one way to deal with that is to lock people into working for them rather than paying them enough to make them want tot stay. (I don't know if they allow 1200 hours PICs and just bar them from pax flying for 300, probably not since it's another checkride and only 300 hours, which is like a month of flying for them).

And I really like ACE.

I'm sure you can get a job there if you want. They work a LOT, which is a good thing at that point. Also a great way to ingrain those IFR skills, like a lot of other prop 135 is. But ya, commercial multi and you're qualified lol.

I mean, I've seriously considered it. Even talked to a few people here in the know about it. But I'll probably be at maybe 400tt when I'm done with my CMEL. Figured that they'd laugh at my hours, and toss my resume in the trash because as you said, they have lines around the block, all chomping at the bit to get a chance. All with probably with 800tt and up. Even though their website says 250 hrs minimum for an FO position. That's the minimum, but probably not preferred.

I mean, I've seriously considered it. Even talked to a few people here in the know about it. But I'll probably be at maybe 400tt when I'm done with my CMEL. Figured that they'd laugh at my hours, and toss my resume in the trash because as you said, they have lines around the block, all chomping at the bit to get a chance. All with probably with 800tt and up. Even though their website says 250 hrs minimum for an FO position. That's the minimum, but probably not preferred.
I know a guy that did his CMEL on a Sunday as was in class on Monday.

Or maybe they like low time pilots because they know they will have them til 1500 hours, you never know.

thank you Simone.

Back