Low time carriers?

Go fly survey until you get your 135 mins, then go fly some cargo or pax. If you don't (understandably) want to work survey for more than one season, go banner tow or traffic watch, or fly jumpers the rest of your 135 time building. If your goal is an airline, by the time you get the 1500 you'll have gained a good amount of experience.

Didn't IBC have 2 planes go down in 2013?

I know about one of them, but there are 2 crashes listed for 2013).

Last edited:
The only fatal I know of is N831BC and the FAA still only has a prelim on it.

I've have crossed path with their Saabs crews on the road and have seen mx working on their Saab in MIA. From a casual observation and talking with their crews nothing seemed out the ordinary on the Saab side.

Penair regularly picks up pilots at around 800 hours to put them right seat in the 135 SAABs. It is a great experience.

1.) Do you have any military experience.
2.) Do you care about your time and/or personal safety?
3.) Exchange time in life for money while flying UAS.
4.) Profit, gain no flight time.

Anyone know anything details about Air Cargo Carriers, like how many hour you fly in a year?

The flight times that the new guys get are ridiculously low. They have 2 "long" runs, but they are all senior. ACC is a really small company, with only a handful of feeder runs. There is little chance of upward mobility or lateral transfers, unless you want to go to San Juan and fly 10 hours a week.

I was looking at applying at Star Marianas Air, and was wondering if any one had info on their interview process. Also, how much x-country time do you build there?

I was looking at applying at Star Marianas Air, and was wondering if any one had info on their interview process. Also, how much x-country time do you build there?

I applied there a couple of times, and never heard a word back. I had met all of their published minimums and had quite a bit of overwater/inter-island time. Not sure why they never called.

Back