low time CA pilot tired of instructing

That .4 of actual IMC is no big deal to you, but cutting corners in aviation kills. Don't buy into this tripe for one second.

:tmyk:

Attachments

• IntegrityWave.jpg
    IntegrityWave.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 160
Okay... let's be very clear here. I'll give you there's a very big difference between estimating and "pencil whipping."

For example, on a standard 7 hour night at the freight job I used to have, I'd do my very best to estimate my actual IMC time. It certainly wasn't prefect, but I did my best. If that's what you are talking about, I agree with you.

But above, you did use the words "pencil whip," which is a common phrase for falsify. If on my standard 7 hour night I estimated I got 1.1 of actual, but then wrote 2.5 instead, THAT would be pencil-whipping.

So which is it? You faking it or estimating it?
:yeahthat:

Not sure why I'm wasting my time but I find it ironic that someone makes a post looking for a job when his qualifications are pretty lacking in the current market and then acts standoffish.
Yeah let me run through my contacts to see if I can land this guy a job...:sarcasm:

Did I piss you off or something? I'm not asking you to find me a job. I am simply asking if there is anything out there for someone with the qualifications I have. Mabey I should have phrased the topic differently. How am I being standoffish anyways? As I said earlier, I love where I work, but I have 2 mouths to feed, other than mine. My wife and 2 year old son. I'm sure you know the delima. It's not just the pilot market that is in bad shape right now. I have tried all the schools in the area, and NO ONE is hiring. And all the local pizza joints, markets etc. don't have any open positions. Even with a few good words from employee's that currently work at those places, I still can't land a job. I know my times are low, but I have gone from a PPL in Feb. of last year, to these times. I work my tail off, and spend every last extra cent I have on building hours to work my way up the pole.

For you to come in here, and light me up like that is totally uncalled for. I actually give a $#!^ about where I am going. And my friends who are scattered across the country, I throw them bones all the time for possible job leads(granted it's only because I am always looking). Just because I don't know anyone at the compant they are looking into, dosen't mean I can't give them a heads up that someone may be hiring. Thats all I am asking for. Mabey there is something I missed, or a site I don't know about that I can be refered to. I have been a "go-getter" my whole life. I have never been handed anything, and I don't expect it to start now. I am a low time pilot looking for some insight and direction. I am not asking to be put right seat in a G-IV, I know I'm not ready for that yet. Don't take me as some punk kid who wants someone to find him a job. I will earn my job. I worked my way through the ranks to become a Team Leader (supervisor), and Silver Certified as a Auto Tech., which took 9 years of hard, very hard work. Being bent over under the hood of a car when it 95 deg. and 95% humidity, and your face turns purple because of the heat is no way to make a living, even for $75k a year. I left a career makeing plenty of money so my kid would see me do something I love, rather than something I can do.

I love where I work, and don't want to leave. But if I have to so I can make a steady paycheck, than thats what I'll have to do.

Edit: BTW, check this post fro Borris, i thought this was what this site was all about. See post 10. http://forums.jetcareers.com/freight-pilots-ootsk/79898-how-does-freight-career-work.html

Ok dude. Next time you fly .038479 actual you better have it correct on your log book because they're going to get you.

It should never be about "them getting you", it should be about representing your skills and experience correctly. You know...integrity and that kinda stuff.

if I geta chance to make the drive to Bakers-smell, or the a day where I don't have the typical 2 hour block, I just may. I think the ladies name is Judy or Janet. Does anyone know?

Edit: Just checked their website, "We have reached our staffing goals." I meat their quals, and never even recived a return e-mail phone call.:mad:

My best friend works here. I just flew up to visit him and tooled around the facility for a few hours. Salary pay (pretty good from what he told me) home every night and the planes are in tip top shape. PM me I will see what I can do for you since I have other plans instead of moving to bakersfield. I feel you on the commute, I have to fight the traffic everyday to get to KLGB. But like others have said feel lucky to have a job in this economy, I know I do.

Derek

Okay... let's be very clear here. I'll give you there's a very big difference between estimating and "pencil whipping."

For example, on a standard 7 hour night at the freight job I used to have, I'd do my very best to estimate my actual IMC time. It certainly wasn't prefect, but I did my best. If that's what you are talking about, I agree with you.

But above, you did use the words "pencil whip," which is a common phrase for falsify. If on my standard 7 hour night I estimated I got 1.1 of actual, but then wrote 2.5 instead, THAT would be pencil-whipping.

So which is it? You faking it or estimating it?

Estimating. But apparently to some of us that still qualifies as faking it and it could also possibly KILL!!!

Mshunter don't worry about it. You are now experiencing that time when you no longer find your job satisfying and I don't really blame you. The problem is that in this market you need to be at least 1000 or ATP mins to find a job. Relax, be thankful that you still have a job once you get some more experience and I'm talking a few more hundred hours, doors will open up. Just buckle down like all of us are currently doing and ride out this storm. Airlines are bound to hire sometime and the regionals will for sure.

Estimating. But apparently to some of us that still qualifies as faking it and it could also possibly KILL!!!

Mshunter don't worry about it. You are now experiencing that time when you no longer find your job satisfying and I don't really blame you. The problem is that in this market you need to be at least 1000 or ATP mins to find a job. Relax, be thankful that you still have a job once you get some more experience and I'm talking a few more hundred hours, doors will open up. Just buckle down like all of us are currently doing and ride out this storm. Airlines are bound to hire sometime and the regionals will for sure.

Overestimating instrument time just as you described is fradulent and in violation of 61.51 and 61.59. No, it's not your phony flight time that will kill-it's your attitude. You share the same careless and reckless approach that people who bust minimums and bend airplanes have; and the thought of an unprofessional pilot who just openly admitted to falsification of instrument flight time flying with people in back to 1/2 and 100 is disturbing. But I'm sure you'll fix these problems after you have "buckled down and ridden out the storm".

Overestimating instrument time just as you described is fradulent and in violation of 61.51 and 61.59. No, it's not your phony flight time that will kill-it's your attitude. You share the same careless and reckless approach that people who bust minimums and bend airplanes have; and the thought of an unprofessional pilot who just openly admitted to falsification of instrument flight time flying with people in back to 1/2 and 100 is disturbing. But I'm sure you'll fix these problems after you have "buckled down and ridden out the storm".

Phony flight time. I don't believe I ever said I falsify flight time. I also like the sweeping generalization that I bend airplanes and bust minimums because I put .5 instead of .2 hours of actual which doesn't matter because no one cares about actual time. Thanks for a good laugh and taking the time out of your life to look up 61.51 and 61.59...

You're welcome. You're in a crowd of one over there, but I'm done having a pointless argument.

Back