Looks like I'm moving from the right coast to the left coast

Going from the C5 to a King Air.... double :eek:

TAD....?

It's a PCS, so 3 years probably.

Yep, going from the biggest operational airplane in the inventory to the smallest operational one .......maybe eventually i'll settle in the middle.

Excuse my nosiness, but why would they assign you to something like that? It seems to me the mc-12 would be wayyy down the list of planes you would get moved to. I guess the military may just work strange that way sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the smaller aircraft are used for VIP type transport... Not exactly something you put a fresh pilot into. So, second tour pilots get these gigs.

They really aren't all the bad, and some pilots and aircrewmen specifically seek them out. A lot of the Navy's fly out of Hawaii, not a bad place to spend a couple years.

And that should be "Moving from the right coast to the wrong coast..." :cool:

Excuse my nosiness, but why would they assign you to something like that? It seems to me the mc-12 would be wayyy down the list of planes you would get moved to. I guess the military may just work strange that way sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

needs of the AF.....my squadron is over manned, the MC-12 and UAVs are under manned, so they fill them with guys from our squadron, we have sent 6 people to MC-12s in the past 4 months and the same for UAVs.....

A lot of the smaller aircraft are used for VIP type transport... Not exactly something you put a fresh pilot into. So, second tour pilots get these gigs.

They really aren't all the bad, and some pilots and aircrewmen specifically seek them out. A lot of the Navy's fly out of Hawaii, not a bad place to spend a couple years.

And that should be "Moving from the right coast to the wrong coast..." :cool:

C-12 and MC-12 are two totally different missions.....no VIP transport with the MC-12.

and agreed

I liked the C12. Got a few rides from NAS North Island to NAS Whidbey Space A.

Myself and my friend were the only two on the plane!

Just got an assignment to go out to Beale and fly the MC-12.

Bye bye C-5 :cry::eek2:

My flight instructor did the opposite, KingAir to a C-5. Back when C-5's were at Altus he was the squadron commander.

Back