Looking in Dallas Now

troopernflight

As some of you might have read before, we were looking to relocate to Oklahoma. Dallas is a better option at this point because of family that I have in that area that could help us stay on our feet. Can anyone help me on any positions in that area? This is a break down of my times:
Total time 552
PIC 214
Multi 362
Multi Turbine 348
Jet Turbine 210
Actual 52
Night 55
I know I'm really low, but I would give anything a look at this point, because we would really like to get moved. It just seems like every position on Climbto350 lists 1500 hours or more, or they don't want to hear from you. Not sure what my best option is, considering I'm in SC, and don't have the oppotunity to knock on hangar doors.

That was one I was looking at. Barr Air Patrol was advertising a spot, but they want 1500 total and 1000 PIC. I thought those were low time entry jobs, but evidentally not in that case. Got to love being in the under 1500 club!

That was one I was looking at. Barr Air Patrol was advertising a spot, but they want 1500 total and 1000 PIC. I thought those were low time entry jobs, but evidentally not in that case. Got to love being in the under 1500 club!
Gotta love 1500 hours to fly a 172 :p

If you have family in the Dallas area that you will be staying with, I'd suggest putting their address on your resume. You've already got a confirmed residence in the area, so why not put it on there and get the benefit of being viewed as a local by the jobs you're applying to?

If you have family in the Dallas area that you will be staying with, I'd suggest putting their address on your resume. You've already got a confirmed residence in the area, so why not put it on there and get the benefit of being viewed as a local by the jobs you're applying to?
I could try that a try.

Do you have your CFI?
I am working on getting it done in the next few weeks. So yes, I will have it. There is just no way I can pay the bills as a CFI, with a family to support. I plan on doing it as a supplemental income if there is a school willing to use me part time.

I am working on getting it done in the next few weeks. So yes, I will have it. There is just no way I can pay the bills as a CFI, with a family to support. I plan on doing it as a supplemental income if there is a school willing to use me part time.

There aren't many jobs out there in aviation where you can support a family with only 500 hours. Good luck.

US Aviation Group (or whatever they are called these days) will probably hire you as a CFI. They do the Chinese thing out of DTO. They start at $15/hour and have a defined scale that caps out at $25.

In my 9 months there I was able to rely on 30-40 hours billable per week, and usually was able to exceed it. In one month I flew 130 hours, but I also worked my ass off. Can you make ~$500 a week work with your family?

I believe they also have a deal with American Eagle that gives you travel privileges and maybe other full time benefits.

Barr might put you in the right seat as an observer, but that only pays $20k and logging that time is questionable.

US Aviation Group (or whatever they are called these days) will probably hire you as a CFI. They do the Chinese thing out of DTO. They start at $15/hour and have a defined scale that caps out at $25.

In my 9 months there I was able to rely on 30-40 hours billable per week, and usually was able to exceed it. In one month I flew 130 hours, but I also worked my ass off. Can you make ~$500 a week work with your family?

I believe they also have a deal with American Eagle that gives you travel privileges and maybe other full time benefits.

Barr might put you in the right seat as an observer, but that only pays $20k and logging that time is questionable.

Unfortunately, that would not pay our bills. Once we get the car paid off and some of the student loans taken care of, things will be much more manageable. I would like to do the CFI thing on the side, to supplement my income and build some time. I'm starting to come to the realization that I might have to get a non aviation job and find some flying stuff on the side. I'm in LE and it really has run me down. 11 years of memories that I would rather forget. I thought about finding something at one of the airports in Dallas that will at least keep me close to aviation related things. But I've really got some good connections here in SC, and I hate to leave that. We are thinking about family and my wife's grandmother who is in OK. We may have to make some important decisions in the near future.

Well, good luck dude. I know it ain't easy changing career!

I'm flying out of McKinney right now, let me know I there's anything I can do to help.

Another Dallas-based guy here. We just filled our last slot last week but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Hoping to leave this job for a law enforcement career myself.

Back