Looking for 3 people with webpage designing skills...for a virtual airline!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospective_Pilot

As most of you know from the British Airways logo and my signature I fly for British Airways Virtual. I've decided I've had enough of them and now I'm thinking seriously about starting up my very own virtual airline. I have plenty of experience with virtual airlines and my goal will be to make this virtual airline the very best in the flight simulator community. Right now I have a need for 3 very skilled people who know how to webpage design and have no sweat at doing it. In the future once my VA opens I will need several other people on my management team for the website, so there will be other opportunity's for people on these forums then and I will make another post when ready to. I have a major airline in mind to base my virtual airline on and do not wish to give the names out at this point in time. The 3 people that I choose will be the only people who will know the name of the virtual airline until the REAL airline has been contacted and permission is granted to go ahead with the virtual airline. Since this Virtual Airline will be non-profit no one will be paid with real money for anything. I plan on setting this VA up purely for fun and enjoyment for flight simulator fans only. Since I will be CEO of this VA I will be paying for a domain name and hosting for the website. I do not expect any money from any of my future staff for the website.

If anyone is interested in being 1 of the 3 people I am looking for PM me, include your email address, real full name, and plenty of information on your skills with webpage designing.

P.S Must have flight simulator 2000, 2002, or plan on buying 2004.

If you would like more information or have any questions feel free to ask.
wink.gif

Fly Safe!
-Amos

What in holy hell is a virtual airline? Is it like fantasy football? You draft pilots and at the end of the year the "airline" with the most combined hours wins?
Is it a gaming clan or something? Maybe you have a link that explains it. Does sound interesting though. I do have some web skills, just not web software!

Below are a few examples of some virtual airlines. Check them out and all your questions will be answered:

Vitual United airlines. Website: www.virtualunited.tk The guy who owns this website is only 17.

British Airways Virtual. Website: www.bavirtual.co.uk It's suppose to be the best virtual airline around.

If you go to www.vatsim.net and then on the left side of the page look for virtual airlines. Click that and it will give you a list of virtual airlines in bunch of different countries.

Hi...

Would ya like to use a Indian guy doing his Masters in software engineering with basic Web-designing skills and a hellalot of programming history?
confused.gif

Cherrios

How can you forget Noble Air? I threw down a few hundred hours when I was like 14 with them (which is a crapload of time for a 14 year old). They are like THE virtual airline.

http://www.noble-air.com

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Haree,
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone is interested in being 1 of the 3 people I am looking for PM me, include your email address, real full name, and plenty of information on your skills with webpage designing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also inclue your age if you don't mind!
wink.gif

hi

I'm 20....

With a major in comp sci and experience of Webmastering 3 websites in last 4 years...

PM me for more details if you are really serious abt this

We at the Virtual United States Air Force are currently virtually recruiting for the position of virtual fighter pilot for our fleet of virtual combat aircraft that defend the virtual United States of America; the foremost country on this virtual planet Earth.

Your commander, General Jack D. Ripper, is pleased to announce that the first virtual Air Force Academy class will be completed in the next year.

Congrats to all the new virtual Second Lieutenants, and Godspeed!

[ QUOTE ]
We at the Virtual United States Air Force are currently virtually recruiting for the position of virtual fighter pilot for our fleet of virtual combat aircraft that defend the virtual United States of America; the foremost country on this virtual planet Earth.

Your commander, General Jack D. Ripper, is pleased to announce that the first virtual Air Force Academy class will be completed in the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL

I was planning on basing my virtual airline on the real Qantas airways in Australia since there aren't any good virtual Qantas's around. I contacted one of the Public Relations managers there a few weeks ago who told me to email her. I emailed her a very descriptive email explaining just exactly what I wanted to do. Never got a reply.....decided to contact Lufthansa, and KLM. But nope nooooo go with them.Then I decided to look at Cathay Pacific and JAL. Nope for them also...... Seems like the major airlines are really quite against virtual airlines.

So I have now decided to go with a made up virtual airline. I plan to have it competing with a major virtual airline such as British Airways Virtual. I figure it's just not worth all the copyright issues you run into with a major airline.

Most made up virtual airlines look fake and feel fake which = a complete unrealistic experience. I don't see the point of going to the effort with having a virtual airline unless it can be the very best and the most realistic as possible. I plan on making mine the VERY BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!! And my goal will be to establish logo's, trademarks, and brand names reconized by everyone in the flight simming community. Hopefully, if things go well this virtual airline should be in the air within 10-14 months.

grin.gif

I'll keep you guys posted and updated on whatever happens.......
wink.gif

-Amos

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny is that it exists also!

Oh, and do they virtually ground you for virtual anthrax shots? Does the virtual orderly room virtually call you to report for virtual golden flow?
smile.gif

Actually, I'm trying not to spend more than 3 hours a day on it. Plus I have a few other guys who are also working with me.......I don't find it to time consuming when you have people helping you.....
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and do they virtually ground you for virtual anthrax shots? Does the virtual orderly room virtually call you to report for virtual golden flow?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing, Mike, I'm one of those guys that seems to be always getting called for urinalysis, while others seemingly never get called up.

So much for random.

[ QUOTE ]
Never got a reply.....decided to contact Lufthansa, and KLM. But nope nooooo go with them.Then I decided to look at Cathay Pacific and JAL. Nope for them also...... Seems like the major airlines are really quite against virtual airlines.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think they care either way. Why should someone on paid time explain to a random internet kid how their company works? Now if you paid them for their time they might be more interested.

Of course, maybe if you posed as a virtual corporation and requested an information packet they might send you one free.

I know with American Virtual Airlines (www.flyava.org) they even got a copyright disclaimer from AMR corp to use on their site. They never really worked with AMR, just got a copyright disclaimer to post that all the AMR, American , etc references are copyrighted, by whom and when.

For a non-real virtual airline (now that sounds funny!) I am currently with Unity Virtual Airlines (www.flyunity.com). I'm the KORD hub manager there.

VA's are just a way to add a little more fun into flying the MS Flight Simulators....

Yes, there are many ways I could go about finding the permission that I need. Even contacting the airlines lawyers wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm sure I could have made more of an effort to work something out with some airline. My reasons for not doing so are simply because I feel there are too many issues that you can run into with a major airline. The other thing is you are very limited as to what extent you can copy them and then that destroys the whole point of basing yourself on that major airline. With a "made up" virtual airline I'm free to do what ever I would like with little or no restrictions.
wink.gif

Thanks for the advice guys!!!!!
smile.gif

I like the idea of a made up virtual airline just because it gives you the freedom to be creative. When associating with a real airline you have to have the same hubs, same fleet, and same routes as the airline you associate with. With a made up one you can do anything you can immagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back