Looking for 3 people with webpage designing skills...for a virtual airline!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the funniest stuff, I tried a VA and thought it was boring and I had better things to do, but they have fix it guys to come to your aid if you have a failure, you land and they fly to you! I was like what?? I only have MSFS 98 maybe in 2002 you need people to come repair your plane but I meen, come on! Someone is gonna wait for a virtual airliner to fly to your virtual airport in virtual Fresno when they are based out of virtual Chicago or somethin? If anyone has a rational explanation to this, please do explain!

Heh, reminds me of this guy that came to our FBO to inquire about flying lessons. He was a 45 year old virtual airline junkie that had never flown an airplane in his life. He never did start taking lessons (said his wife wouldn't let him [*whipcrack*]). Anyways, I had to chuckle when he said he teaches ATC communications and procedures to virtual airline pilots and that he could probably teach us (the other instructor and myself) how to communicate better with ATC. "Umm, yeah, sure George [not real name], we're always looking for ways to improve, I'm sure that'd be a big help!" That kept us amused for pretty much the rest of the day.
grin.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, reminds me of this guy that came to our FBO to inquire about flying lessons. He was a 45 year old virtual airline junkie that had never flown an airplane in his life. He never did start taking lessons (said his wife wouldn't let him [*whipcrack*]). Anyways, I had to chuckle when he said he teaches ATC communications and procedures to virtual airline pilots and that he could probably teach us (the other instructor and myself) how to communicate better with ATC. "Umm, yeah, sure George [not real name], we're always looking for ways to improve, I'm sure that'd be a big help!" That kept us amused for pretty much the rest of the day.
grin.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The question of the day is did he say anything that could help? I know some virtual pilot's that know how to read charts, etc. better than actual pilots.

Nah...it is kind of too bad he didn't persue it though. He seemed to know quite a bit, he'd definitely done his homework regarding the "real world" of aviation. He probably would have been a good student, and done well.
smirk.gif

Oh yeah, and if a virtual pilot knows how to read a chart better than me, I don't think some of these certificates belong in my pocket.
shocked.gif

I'm more of a "hamfisted" website designer. Lots of trial, error, and endless google searches to find how to do certain things.

If you guys have any questions and need a non-technical answer, email me and I'll see what I can do.

This is what I use for design:

HTML: Dreamweaver
and of course Flash for some of the navigation.

I use Hostway.com for website hosting and they've been very good.

I wonder if the real airlines ever get pissed off if the virtual site is good, if not better, and customers confuse themselves. Like if a dude showed up at our United Express couter to go to Dulles and had a ticket from "Virtual United" in his had.

As most of you know from the British Airways logo and my signature I fly for British Airways Virtual. I've decided I've had enough of them
Wow!
This Industry is really screwed up when even virtual pilots are having a hard time with their virtual airlines :whatever:

joking aside, VA's are a lot of fun I think. Whish i had the time to do it. maybe if real aviation doesn't work out or when I retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back