Logbook back up?

flightlogg.in seems to work well, as I suck at math, and it adds everything up for me. Just set it to display each page with exactly the same number of pages as your logbook. It also emails you a backup every month.
Do you know if you can change the colums of stats it keeps? As in adding or subtracting them to whatever you want?

How do employers feel about this? I admit that my paper logbook is way behind, but my digital logbook is up to date. Is a printout of the digital logs usually acceptable?
I haven't had any problems. It's a legally acceptable document format ("a manner acceptable to the administrator"), so why should an employer care?

-mini

I haven't had any problems. It's a legally acceptable document format ("a manner acceptable to the administrator"), so why should an employer care?
-mini

Because they can...

http://www.logshare.com is a great website as well. Free and easy to use!

You get what you pay for.

Pilot pal, it works great and has very nice looking print outs. Plus you can add any extra columns you want.

http://pilotpal.com/

Check out LogBook Pro, it is fully customizable, easy to use, has a ton of reports, an excellent analyzer, and many binder options. IMO it is one of the best programs out there. It never locks out, you own the data, can export it to several common formats, and they haven't charged for an update in nearly 11 years of updating the program.

Because they can...

You get what you pay for.

Check out LogBook Pro, it is fully customizable, easy to use, has a ton of reports, an excellent analyzer, and many binder options. IMO it is one of the best programs out there. It never locks out, you own the data, can export it to several common formats, and they haven't charged for an update in nearly 11 years of updating the program.

I used it on windows and it was really a good program. Good part is I switched to mac. Bad part is the developer doesn't have any interest in working in that market. And if they had an iphone app, that would be great.

I have been using Logbook Pro for nearly 11 years and in that time they have never charged me for an update even though they constantly update and refine the product. If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to their website and you can download a nearly fully functional demo. Logbook Pro also recently started an online backup service. They can store up to 10 backup files for you maintaining a complete backup history as well.

PM me if you have any questions

Are you some kind of affiliate?

Do you get paid when people click your link?

Who the heck steals logbooks? Please don't tell me this is a problem in aviation where pilots steal other pilot's logbooks?

b.

p..s thanks for the links on flightlogg.in, looks good. I have scanned copies of my logbooks on 2 hard drives, but I think I need some remote copies as well.

Who the heck steals logbooks? Please don't tell me this is a problem in aviation where pilots steal other pilot's logbooks?

b.

p..s thanks for the links on flightlogg.in, looks good. I have scanned copies of my logbooks on 2 hard drives, but I think I need some remote copies as well.

I know someone whose car was broken into, flight bag stolen and therein contained said logbook.

I know someone whose car was broken into, flight bag stolen and therein contained said logbook.
Please tell me this person was doing some kind of training.

After training and assuming you're just flying...don't carry your logbook with you. Ever. Bad idea.

-mini

Please tell me this person was doing some kind of training.

After training and assuming you're just flying...don't carry your logbook with you. Ever. Bad idea.

-mini

He was... rotor wing too. Those are expensive hours to track down. However (hater) I carry mine with me! Only because I tell myself I'll update them on our epic layovers....

I make copies of all of my logbook pages. Also, if you have receipts from flying, they count as well. There is software out there you can get for an electronic logbook...

What about taking a picture of each page?

you could save them as a file on your comp, put in on a flash drive, wear it around your neck like a necklace, and all while saving paper...
I think i might try this myself.

What about taking a picture of each page?

you could save them as a file on your comp, put in on a flash drive, wear it around your neck like a necklace, and all while saving paper...
I think i might try this myself.

You could have your pilots license on it so when your hitting on chicks, you can have it ready to go... "Hey girl, you're looking good... yeh pretty much I'm a pilot."

Are you some kind of affiliate?

Do you get paid when people click your link?

I am an affilliate but do not get paid when people click that link. I only receive a small amount when people purchase the program. The affiliate program is open to anyone and is free. However, that is not the reason I promote the program so much. I have tried various products over the years and honestly feel that it is one of the best programs out there. For the 100 bucks I spent on the program many years ago it has more than paid for itself in the time savings in filling out job apps, 8710's and insurance forms. I also have not paid for one of the many updates they have issued over the last decade.

With Logbook Pro you know your data is safe, stored on your PC, or their servers, will not be held hostage by them, and you can export to several open formats of your choosing, should you want to change to another program years down the road. Lastly, it is made and supported in the USA by pilots from the airlines, military, and GA sector.

The Demo is free to try and if you don't want to use my link just go to www.NC-Software.com.

I am an affilliate but do not get paid when people click that link. I only receive a small amount when people purchase the program. The affiliate program is open to anyone and is free. However, that is not the reason I promote the program so much. I have tried various products over the years and honestly feel that it is one of the best programs out there. For the 100 bucks I spent on the program many years ago it has more than paid for itself in the time savings in filling out job apps, 8710's and insurance forms. I also have not paid for one of the many updates they have issued over the last decade.

With Logbook Pro you know your data is safe, stored on your PC, or their servers, will not be held hostage by them, and you can export to several open formats of your choosing, should you want to change to another program years down the road. Lastly, it is made and supported in the USA by pilots from the airlines, military, and GA sector.

The Demo is free to try and if you don't want to use my link just go to www.NC-Software.com.

I was just wondering? It doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact I think it is great you have found a way to make an extra buck or two.

Glad to see you so strongly recommend the product you help sell.

I am currently very happy with flightlogg.in, but if I ever do decide to buy logbook pro, rest assured I'll be clicking your link!

No problem at all.

If you ever have any questions at all let me know. I really don't care about the few extra :beer: it buys me a month, it is just a perk for me recommending a product I truly believe in. I have been around for some time and have tried many other logs before Logbook Pro and have kept abreast of what else is out there. I have found very few e-logs that even come close to doing what Logbook Pro does.

If you want, try the Logbook Pro demo and run it alongside logg.in.

Sorry for the long post.

Back