Logbook back up?

planesiscool

Let's say you lose your logbook(I have not lost mine just a for instance). Is there some kind of electronic logbook software that I could input all of this stuff into? Suggestions...

I make copies of all of my logbook pages. Also, if you have receipts from flying, they count as well. There is software out there you can get for an electronic logbook...

Their are a number of computer applications and websites for free electronic logbooks. Inaddition to that I make copies of my paper logbooks and give second copies to my dad to put in a firesafe. Overkill? Probably, but I've invested a lot of time and money into this career to not have a solid record of my flights

I just use flightlogg.in for a back-up logbook. I think it's better to have it on a Web site, rather than on my computer if something should happen to my computer.

I just use flightlogg.in for a back-up logbook. I think it's better to have it on a Web site, rather than on my computer if something should happen to my computer.
I switched from logshare to flightlogg and I'm far more impressed with flightlogg. They even have a feature that transfers you're data from logshare. You can have it email you backups of your logbook at certain intervals too. Photocopying seems like a good idea (especially to get a record of endorsements and stuff) but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Photocopying seems like a good idea (especially to get a record of endorsements and stuff) but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Very good idea. Very very good when the copies are at your parent's house 1,200 miles away in a firesafe lockbox. :) My actual logbook is here in Texas, in a firesafe lockbox. The odds of both of them getting stolen.. Slim to none.

I have an Excel file on my computer, and as a last resort, use flightlogg.in (see signature)

flightlogg.in seems to work well, as I suck at math, and it adds everything up for me. Just set it to display each page with exactly the same number of pages as your logbook. It also emails you a backup every month.

Oh yeh and I have coppies of my run sheats. Out of curiosity, what kind of paper work do u folks in the 121 world have?

I make copies and laminate them and put them on my fridge.

On a more serious note, I have two, and I take one out flying to record everything, and the other, I have at home which I add to the night after I add an entry to the other so that I have an actual logbook with me at all time in case one is lost or stolen. The one I keep at home with me is kept in a lock and key, with all my references, resumes, and important documents.

I use Logbook Pro and love it. I keep a backup file on my laptop, one on an external hard drive, and one on my Blackberry memory card. I haven't used a paper logbook since I started at the airlines.

The great thing is that I never have to worry about adding things up wrong and if I do make a change, I just reprint that page.

Get Logbook Pro from Sporty's.......works great!

:yeahthat: Logbook Pro is amazing! It actually caught some errors I had in my paper logbook. I just put it to good use recently for an interview. It allows you to put together and print a logbook "report", and it looks very professional. I got a very nice compliment during my interview on it. I put one together and it included my different total times (pic, night, dual given, etc.), then broke it down into time in certain aircraft, had a page for my different currencies (sel day/night, mel day/night, etc.), page for my ratings, page for my certificates, it just goes on and on. I recommend downloading it and trying the trial out. They give you FULL usage on it up to 50 entries. Definitely money well spent!

My logbook was stolen and I happened to have a copy of the last page. I spoke with FSDO and basically requested my record from the FAA so I had proof of hours until my last rating (8710), that, along with my last page was enough to salvage it. I now use Log ten pro, yeah I have a mac, and just keep soft copies in two separate hard drives. I don't even bother with paper logbook. Any endorsement I simply scan and put into the file.

I use Logbook Pro with multiple backups, plus I still maintain my paper logbook. As an alternative to photocopies, I knew a guy that took a digital photo of each of his logbook pages to serve as his back up.

Get Logbook Pro from Sporty's.......works great!

:yeahthat: Logbook Pro is amazing! It actually caught some errors I had in my paper logbook. I just put it to good use recently for an interview. It allows you to put together and print a logbook "report", and it looks very professional. I got a very nice compliment during my interview on it. I put one together and it included my different total times (pic, night, dual given, etc.), then broke it down into time in certain aircraft, had a page for my different currencies (sel day/night, mel day/night, etc.), page for my ratings, page for my certificates, it just goes on and on. I recommend downloading it and trying the trial out. They give you FULL usage on it up to 50 entries. Definitely money well spent!

I have been using Logbook Pro for nearly 11 years and in that time they have never charged me for an update even though they constantly update and refine the product. If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to their website and you can download a nearly fully functional demo. Logbook Pro also recently started an online backup service. They can store up to 10 backup files for you maintaining a complete backup history as well.

PM me if you have any questions

How do employers feel about this? I admit that my paper logbook is way behind, but my digital logbook is up to date. Is a printout of the digital logs usually acceptable?

In my experience it all depends on the employer and how professional the printouts look. Logbook Pro's binder system looks good, and is expandable and flexible. I would photocopy your current endorsements, BFR's, etc onto a few pages and place them into the back of the binder and then keep some manual pages in the back for additional signoffs and notes.

Back