Location Survey

Revolutionist

Hello All,

I am 22 and just graduated from college. I will be attending ATP, for the career program, very soon.

I want to take a survey of what ATP location you attended. The four questions I ask are the following:

1) What ATP location did you attend?

2) Did you like your location?

3) From "the grapevine," what location is known to be best - overall?

4) If you were to it again, would you attend a different location? If so, which location?

1) What ATP location did you attend? Currently at Stuart a month and a half in, on cross countries now.

2) Did you like your location? Love it here in SUA, really good instructors, smaller location so everyone knows each other and not super busy. You get everything done the same as other locations but no real strict schedule. Not being a super busy location the sim is open alot so you can hop in most of the time if you want to go over some stuff. Apartments are close and pretty nice. Not a ton to do in Stuart, but it's a pretty nice area plus West Palm Beach is close so in your free time there's plenty to do, plus it's a pretty nice area to fly in to.

3) From "the grapevine," what location is known to be best - overall? Ive only been to 6 locations myself and am definitly glad I chose Stuart. I've talked to students and instructors both at Stuart and other locations and everyone whose been here likes it alot.

4) If you were to it again, would you attend a different location? If so, which location? Without a doubt I would go to Stuart again. Really lucky I decided to go here not knowing anything about Stuart, but going on what I read here at jetcareers.

If you want to know anything else just ask or feel free to pm me.

1) What ATP location did you attend? I attended the Fulton County location in ATL.
2) Did you like your location? Overall yes I like my location. It was close to my house so I didn't have to stay in the apartments. The location is not in the best part of town but that problem was solved when they started the location in LZU. It is in a much better part of town plus it is just barely outside the 30nm mode c veil.
3) From "the grapevine," what location is known to be best - overall? I have heard through the grapevine that the location in Stuart and the Phoenix locations are pretty nice. The new LZU location in Atlanta is really nice plus they are going to have maintenance and a fuel farm at the location.
4) If you were to it again, would you attend a different location? If so, which location? If I was going to do it again I would still attend either the LZU or the FTY location. They are both somewhat close to my house and I wouldn't have to stay in the apartments. I dont know that I would go the ATP route right now just because when your done in 3 months you will have 60k in debt with very few job options. It is hard to get a CFI job now let alone an airline job. Good luck and have fun because the program is a blast.

Riverside

Yes

Riverside

4) If you were to it again, would you attend a different location? If so, which location?

No, Riverside rules!

Thats assuming ATP's management actually cares about what the student thinks about the locations. In my experience with ATP once they have your money they really don't care if you are happy with the location you are at or the instructors that you have. I pretty sure this is just what the original poster said he was.

I have been based at Stuart, Panama City, and Dallas(Arlington) so far. All have been fantastic experiences with each having a little bit different atmosphere. I cannot really say which I would have picked if I were a student unfortunately.

Stuart is definitely a favorite, being pretty laid back and all. Also alot of pretty scenery.

Panama City had a really big facility and again, nice scenery.

Dallas though seems to have some of the best equipment and training under the veil of a major class bravo seems pretty beneficial to experience levels. It is also in the central part of the country so XCs stretch out coast to coast easily. I think, above and beyond it all, I would have picked Dallas because most days are severe clear, making training delays nominal(still enough IMC around for experience though). Dallas is home for me too, so i am sure it is a bit biased.

I have also visited Daytona, Atlanta, and Jacksonville. Nice to visit. 'nuff said.

Riverside

Yes

Riverside

No, Riverside rules!

Riverside

Yes

Riverside

No, Riverside rules!

On a more serious note, it really shouldnt matter what location you go to. Your getting the exact same thing at all locations. Of course, i do recommend Riverside cause I know all the instructors there and they are all really good.

Daytona

Yes

Daytona

No, The instructors and managers at Daytona are top notch!

Daytona Beach

YES!!!

Of course I'm biased to Daytona Beach. Other than that; Richmond, Raleigh, and Stuart based on the "grapevine".

Negative, I'm happy to have been in Daytona Beach.

I went to Stuart, liked it, JAX sucks.
So Sled, how is my friend Andrew treating you over at SUA?

Currently 4 weeks into PPL at KGKY (Arlington). Checkride coming Friday.

Sure do... there's not much terrain, so pilotage is challenging, and we're under DFW's class B shelf with very busy GA traffic in the surrounding area. Very good atmosphere for learning, and the instructors are terrific.

Go with what you hear here. Sounds like RAL wins. But I maintain that learning in/around DFW's airspace is pretty awesome.

I like the location, but I'd pick another time of year. It's 107 degrees on the ramp today and will get a few degrees hotter in the coming days, making life pretty miserable. The air is really rough, too... but some like it that way.

Phoenix
Absolutely! I was there in the winter, so the weather was perfect. The facilities (buildings, apartments, planes, sims, etc) are all fantastic - as are the instructors. It's far enough from the "home office" that you don't really have to deal with the suits much at all. The terrain and airspace are complex, but not complicated, and Gateway airport/tower is one of my favorite in the nation.
Phoenix or Riverside.
No change.

Riverside

Yes

Riverside

No, Riverside rules!

Phoenix

Yes

Phoenix

No, Phoenix rules!

Hey N826AW,
What happened to you and CFI portion of ATP and the single engine stuff? I know we where going through the program pretty much at the same time last summer.

I was up in VGT a couple of times during the xc phase and I really wasn't digging the instructors up there. I was thinking about bailing and ended up taking my time with the last two written exams and ended up not finishing by the timelimit.

I was up in VGT a couple of times during the xc phase and I really wasn't digging the instructors up there. I was thinking about bailing and ended up taking my time with the last two written exams and ended up not finishing by the timelimit.

I concur that during that time period the instructors where, in a word, ######y in VGT.

I concur that during that time period the instructors where, in a word, ######y in VGT.

Pretty much. A couple of my instructors encouraged me to email Jim with my opinion of the VGT operation and see if I could get an extension and attend CFI school in JAX or in Dallas. But at that point I was pretty burnt out and wanted to get back to earning a paycheck. So I finished up my commercial and moved on. The manager in PHX was a bit of a dickhead during the whole thing but I don't really harbor any ill feeling towards ATP. I had an awesome time and I think I got my moneys worth out of the whole thing.

Back