Life at Compass

Dugie8

Any current or past Compass pilots willing to give the nitty gritty about working there? I know that's a broad question, looking for as much info as possible.

Thanks!

What do you want to know??

I was there for 2.5 years, and I felt like it was a great place to work. Now, I only had Mesa to compare it to, and I was only on reserve for about a month... but:

-I felt like the reserve rules/life was fair. They worked with me to get me late starts (RAPs) on my first day of availability and cycled me down to finish early on my last day. They also released me early on the couple of occasions that I asked.

-I was never junior-assigned, like I constantly was at Mesa. I was never forced to work on an "off day".

-Pairing efficiency varied, sometimes working crappy 16-hour 4-days, or working a 24+ hour 4-day. Variety of flying varied greatly, from Florida to Montana, Texas to Canada. Hotels were good, for the most part.

I think that anyone starting soon is going to have a pretty decent time there. With the flows leaving, you sure be able to get off of reserve fairly quickly and advance in seniority at a pretty good pace. They are negotiating a new contract, so I'm not sure what kind of gains/concessions there will be.

Overall, a pretty good place to work, in my opinion.

Actually might be nice to have the Compass conversation in here instead of in the Jobs available section too...

Gonna miss this whole home study thing :( back to the schoolhouse soon.

Any current or past Compass pilots willing to give the nitty gritty about working there? I know that's a broad question, looking for as much info as possible.

Thanks!
Where are you in the process?

Life is fine here. As it was mentioned earlier they treat you better than a lot of other places. They have foresight for the most part which is huge for QOL purposes.

If you have any specific questions I'd be more than happy to address them the best I can.

I agree with the others. Life is pretty good here for a regional, scheduling is willing to work with you to the best of their abilities. Awesome group of pilots that seem to really appreciate working here because most everyone is here from being screwed some where else (there is that 1% that complain still) Good outlook so morale is high.

I agree with the others. Life is pretty good here for a regional, scheduling is willing to work with you to the best of their abilities. Awesome group of pilots that seem to really appreciate working here because most everyone is here from being screwed some where else (there is that 1% that complain still) Good outlook so morale is high.
Agreed. I can't complain too much. I just wish I flew more cuz I hate spending time in a crash pad.

CBT is so much fun.

It wasn't so bad until the "This is a cold front. This is a warm front." For the most part the modules were done far better than anywhere else I've seen (college and 9E). Regardless the actual being able to have a social life (hey you guys are going out on thursday, yep holy crap I can make it) totally outweighs any downside...

For the whole weather part I was just thinking..."can we just cover METARs and maybe TAFs if we want to be overachievers, because lets be honest here, we are gonna go burn a couple thousand pounds of Jet A regardless..."

I know of someone who did that to DTW on accident when he adjusted his CA preferences or something . Stuck there for 3+ months and lived in MSP. To top it off it was commuting to reserve. Oops

Back