Life After FSA

FSIPILOT

Hey Gang...

It's been a few weeks since I left sleepy Vero. I'm thankful having left because of a job offer, it's corp. and should lead to a right seat. Just wanted to drop a line to the FSA crew and wish you all the best.

B

Rub it in why don't ya....I also left about a month ago..but to an instructing job three states away....now wondering if I will ever get the call back....

I also have been out of FSI for around a month (not quite) now...and am instructing in "Part-61 Land". Its different, I think I'd rather instruct at a place like FlightSafety where the students are serious about flying, but hey, I'm building hours (faster than some FSI instructors), and getting paid to fly, so I should not be complaining. Anyways...back to work...got 2 more students today!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Gang...

It's been a few weeks since I left sleepy Vero. I'm thankful having left because of a job offer, it's corp. and should lead to a right seat. Just wanted to drop a line to the FSA crew and wish you all the best.

B

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a former FSI CFI, or student?

Hey guys what are your working hours for Instructor outside of FlightSafety ?? ... 9 to 5 job ? or can you make your own scheduales ? ...
cool.gif

I make my own schedule. I am payed a weekly salary so I usually plan on spending time at the FBO 9-5, Mon-Fri. Then if anything is scheduled on the weekend I come in for whatever the schedule dictates. I was wasn't paid a base salary, I probably wouldn't spend as much time at the FBO, but on the other hand you will never make any potential student contacts unless you are activley there, or unless they have the staff that will sign students up for you. Hope that answers your question.....

I'm paid a monthly salary (plus some hourly), so I have to be there 8 hrs. a day whether I'm flying or not. If the weather's super crappy, and theres nobody around I don't stick around, but I'm basically expected to be there. I work 6 days a week and usually work 10-6, but now with daylight savings time it'll probably be more like 11-8. Days like today with back to back students all day go fast. Days with crappy weather and/or no students go reallllly slooooowwwwww.

Hey all,
Left Flightsafety after CIME in Nov, found a job instructing in sunny Tampa. Did not want to take a chance on that waiting list.

I've joined the the others in Part 61 land. It has been a while since I've posted but I have been actively working as a CFI. Luckily, I landed a job in Florida. I never interviewed with FSI and am still debating whether or not I will.

For tose frustrated with the CFI pool at FSA, be assured there is life and jobs outside the realm of VRB and FSA. I logged 30 hours my first two weeks as a CFI. That is probably more than many IPs at FSA right now. If I continue at that pace, I'll have 1200 TT in less than 18 months. Not a bad deal! Stick with it guys and gals! It will happen and the industry will rebound. Be ready when it does and you'll find a job in those sought-after-airlines.

[ QUOTE ]
I've joined the the others in Part 61 land. It has been a while since I've posted but I have been actively working as a CFI. Luckily, I landed a job in Florida. I never interviewed with FSI and am still debating whether or not I will.

For tose frustrated with the CFI pool at FSA, be assured there is life and jobs outside the realm of VRB and FSA. I logged 30 hours my first two weeks as a CFI. That is probably more than many IPs at FSA right now. If I continue at that pace, I'll have 1200 TT in less than 18 months. Not a bad deal! Stick with it guys and gals! It will happen and the industry will rebound. Be ready when it does and you'll find a job in those sought-after-airlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too was lucky enough to get a CFI job after FSA. Problem is, I don't have any students yet. The crap weather that recently sat over the Southeast didn't help the cause either. Why don't you send a few students to me cimepilot. I wouldn't want you to get those hours too quickly and lose out on the whole CFI experience thing. Now, lemme see what flavor of Ramen noodles I'll dine on tonight.....OH look, there's roasted pork chop flavor!!!
grin.gif

After re-reading my post, I realize it may have sounded a bit arrogant and cocky. In no way did I intend for it to come across as such. The point of my post was to give encouragement to current FSA students and let them know that despit the wait to become an IP at FSA, there are other jobs for CFIs. FlightSafety has a great CFI program and if you sucessfully complete it you will be more than prepared to get a job as a CFI at some other school or FBO.

Same here, not trying to sound cocky either. I consider myself lucky to have a job instructing right now, and as long as we all stick to our goals and do the right thing, it will work out in the long run. And yes, the Coast Guard is still at PIE, along with a few airlines, and some cargo stuff going on. Great experience for students and instructors. Still have not gotten that "dogfight" in the pattern feeling that was so unique about Vero. Good luck to all, dont get discouraged, we all have some dues to pay.

Back