Life After FSA

It brought up an interesting point though.

I believe there is scientific evidence to be gathered that could prove a distinct link in a love for flying and hockey. Not in everyone, but I know a good heaping handful of aviators that are also into hockey, more so than you would see in other interests
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but I know a good heaping handful of aviators that are also into hockey, more so than you would see in other interests

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever heard of a little thing called the NFL??
grin.gif

Go Ducks!!! well not really but it was fun to watch Detroit get knocked out in 4 games. I have a friend who grew up in Hockey Town and he was almost in tears.

If only the Caps can get their act back together!

It's my understanding that we have a hockey team (did I spell that right? H-o-c-k-e-y???
grin.gif
) here in Tampa that is in the playoffs aganist some other hockey team.... but, you wouldn't know it from the attendance here.

First time since 1997 that the team has even gotten CLOSE to the playoffs and they STILL can't sell out the Forum (not sure of the capacity, but it ain't that big).

Sad. Tampa's had that loser reputation for so long (with the Bucs, the D-Rays and the Lightening) that hardly anybody will go to a game now unless the team starts winning.

The Bucs turned it around big time, so hopefully, the others will follow suit.

Oh well.... go team!!
grin.gif

Does all this mean that if I ever end up in an airline cockpit that I have to feign interest in sports to keep some captain happy. I have to muster a lot of patience just to watch the Superbowl. Oh man, sports!
frown.gif

Let me tell everyone...there is life after FSA! I was just hired at the local mosquito control district as a co-pilot in their Shorts Skyvan! I start training next month, & the season starts about June. It's all multi/turbine, night, low level & they're going to be using NVG's this season. I really have to pinch myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming, as I'm not a high time pilot & the last time they hired there was when they were flying DC-3's. It wasn't automatic though. My first gig out of FSA was as a aircraft dispatcher & occasional safety pilot in Part 61 land (I didn't have the min. hours to instruct per insurance), & I was laid off recently from that job. But due to my movie star good looks (it's the only thing I can think of since my logbook isn't all that impressive), & a bit of luck I was able to land this SIC job. While I'm at it, let's talk a little about luck. Chunk has a tag line on all of his posts that reads "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity." Those, folks, are words to live by. I happened to meet the right people, do the right networking, & bam! since I've done the preparation, I've got a job.

I see here on Jetcareers & other boards I check out, that guys are "giving up the dream" & opting out of careers in aviation. Everyone needs to make their own decisions in life, & live with them. Instead of giving up, give yourself a "Plan B" until you can make "Plan A" happen through that combination of preparation & opportunity. My "Plan B" was to continue with school to earn my A&P, which is what led me to this job flying the Skyvan. Since all the missions are flown at two in the morning, I'll be able to do both fly & continue with school.
Too freakin' cool!

For those of you that are discouraged, I hear you, I've been there. Heck, I was there up until about 0830 this morning! I'm not trying to pass off any wisdom, as I have not been around aviation long enough to have accumulated any measurable amount, just a little encouragement, & a whole lot of enthusiasm! For those who will perservere, there is reward!

'canfly <---- right seat & 300 feet, baby!

[ QUOTE ]
Hockey is dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

like Al Bundy said about that "Ahh, no one really cares about that"

Its the episode where Some Aunt dies. And she makes the best pie. So Al is trying to get the last piece of pie she ever made before she passed on. Man that was funny
grin.gif

CFIcanfly,

Awesome! First paid gig is multi-turbine, eh? Where did you put that horseshoe we were talking about?

Yeah, multi/turbine, but not complex! Ha! The bird has fixed gear. Are you sure you want that horseshoe now?

'canfly

CFICANFLY,
Congratulations on the Job! Good luck and keep us informed on how it goes! What an awesome opportunity.
Tom

It worked out, thanks to you. I appreciate all your help. Chunk, you are truly a wealth of information! Thanks.
Tom

Back