Let us see how Pan Am performs ...UPDATE!!

Another Update....FINALLY got a response from my letter of complaint to Pan Am's CEO. It only took them a month to get back to me...geeeze. The response letter from Pan Am was written on July the 8th and I conveniently got it on the 17th, a day AFTER my 60 days were up, and what was left of my tuiton went back to Key Bank.
The letter basically states that I was only charged $420.00 because I didn't give sufficient time to cancel the flights. I was not provided dates for the exact charges and I do not know if I was reimbursed the rest of the fradulent charges due to my transportation problems. I am still waiting on my itemized statement to see if I was reimbursed for the questionable charges, ground schools (Pan Am takes one lump sum for ALL ground schools at once from your account), and miscellanous things. I hope I was reimbursed correctly, if I was, then I will post it. If I wasn't then I will post that too. As far as the $420.00 I will have to contact Pan Am yet again to clarify EXACTLY what was charged and IF in fact I was reimbursed the other charges due to my transportation problems. If I was reimbursed the charges due to my car being in the shop, they could have and should have notified me in a more timely manner instead of ignoring all of my emails and telephone calls leading me to believe they had charged me almost $1500 in cancellation fees. They have kept me in the dark for almost 4 months total, regarding these charges. I guess I have to write another letter.

Jim

did you get your money back after 60 days? and have they reimbursed your $500 deposit?

what exactly was charged that wasn't supposed to be? did they charge you for numerous "missed" flights, or did you get that taken care of?

Sorry guys...I can not post any more details about my situation with Pan Am. I really wish I could have told my story to the end. Maybe when all of this mess is over, I will post about Pan Am once again (Good, as well as bad). I will still be on these boards lurking and asking silly questions.

Jim

He's probably lawyered-up....smart move.

I'm certainly glad I'm where I'm at.....I spoke with an instructor who used to instruct at Pan Am....He told me it was sad how they drained the student's account at every opportunity. Not letting students cancel under any circumstances, etc.etc. Who knows....good luck to all of you guys down in Ft. Pierce! Course, you guys do have A/C....1 point for PAIFA /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Chunk

Back