let the good times roll

SkyBlue

just got the letter admitting me in college.
can anyone give me advice?
anything i might need?
anything thacan help me out as im preparing

just got the letter admitting me in college.
can anyone give me advice?
anything i might need?
anything thacan help me out as im preparing

Drink beer, chase women (or men...whatever your preference is), learn about life and try to study a bit.

I hope I don't sound too cynical, but really make sure the degree you choose to study for is what you're interested in otherwise college can be VERY dull and tedious. Don't do something that you're even marginally interested in, do something that you're passionate about.

At the same time, don't hesitate to explore majors and interests in your first year or two to get an idea what you want to do.

Drink beer, chase women (or men...whatever your preference is), learn about life and try to study a bit.

Sage advice.

Plus, try and keep it positive, find those people who are success-oriented, yet fun, and support one another.

That pretty much sums it up ... I'll just add one thing ... go to class. In 7 years of college teaching, I can tell you that the one thing that separates college graduates from dropouts is their attendance - irregardless of how smart you otherwise are.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Good luck.

One thing I will add in all seriousness, college will show friends true colors. Just stay sharp and keep an eye out. Also, write down drop/add week dates. They always come out of no where.

That pretty much sums it up ... I'll just add one thing ... go to class. In 7 years of college teaching, I can tell you that the one thing that separates college graduates from dropouts is their attendance - irregardless of how smart you otherwise are.

I didn't believe that when I was in college. I had to take a math class I did well in during HS (since the college wouldn't give us credit for a HS class.). It met 5 days a week. I made 3. I got a C on that one.

Just add this point to what I said above, and what Doug said.

It's your first step on your own. Just don't do anything REAL dumb (or if you do, don't get caught;))

Don't do anything stupid that can be put on a record.
If your buddies feel like doing it, walk your own way.

Use common sense and you will survive college. You will be amazed to see how many people lack it and the consequences it has.

Have fun! Its the last years before joining the real world! Explore life, but remember the main reason you are in college is to get a degree. It is possible to get good grades and still have a social life!

Go, screw up, drop out, get a real job, realize that the rest of your life is going to suck by comparison, go back, and really enjoy yourself. Worked for me. You're on a clock kid. It'll never be as good (at least in most ways). If it's fun and you've a sober handle on stopping any potentially unpleasant consequences, do it. Twice, just to make sure.

Avoid/minimize the loans. Even though education is one of the best reasons to take them on, loans are loans man. You can never truly appreciate loan payments until you have to pay them. On time. Every month....

Having said that, COLLADGE!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Play rugby, get an old house of campus with all your friends, throw theme party's, learn to love keystone light and dubra!

Have fun, but know why you are there, and remember...the bar will always be there tomorrow. For the one "really fun night" that you miss because you are writing a paper, or studying for a test, there will be a 1,000 more to come.

Have fun! where ya goin by the way?

Getting the college education is only about 50% of the college experience. For me it was much less for the first two semesters;). I indulged a little too much into the party lifestyle and girl thing and my folks yanked me out for a semester until I got a job and went to the community college for a semester. I suppose I can pass that off as a huge learing expereince. I loved my college years. Some of the best times of my life to say the least. Enjoy it.

Indeed, just enjoy it. I wish I would have learned to enjoy my college experience more. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the learning and am extremely grateful to have the opportunity of an education, but I wish I would have enjoyed the social aspects more/taken advantage of them more.

Back