Lear FO needed

reefteaser

My company will be needing a 135 qualified FO for a Lear 55 based in BCT. We fly on demand and non scheduled charters, with occasional owner flights. You will need at least a current SIC rating (PIC is better) or be willing to pay for one, to be reimbursed over 12 months. No benefits, but a competitive salary and per diem. No requirement to stand by at the airport, just have a cell phone.
I've worked for this company almost 4 years and done very well. Small, friendly organization and a good QOL. Please respond on this thread or PM me.

1. Pay for training (basically giving the company an interest-free loan) <STRIKE 1>
2. No benefits <STRIKE 2>
3. Trying to afford living in BCT, tied to the cellphone <STRIKE 3>

Your boss needs to at least help out with health insurance. Come on! Doesn't he watch CNN?

There aren't any "good jobs" that don't have benefits. Even Wal-Mart greeters have benefits.

So, three strikes and Zap is OUT! How could I have wasted the last four years of my life working here? What a waste my time gaining valuable experiene, making good money and enjoying my job. What was I thinking?
Rjmore is right. The blue smock is much more impressive than captains bars.
You guys know nothing about this, yet you are discouraging others to try. Your mothers must be so proud.
No, we're not NetJets. We're small and we're growning. How horrible.

So, three strikes and Zap is OUT! How could I have wasted the last four years of my life working here? What a waste my time gaining valuable experiene, making good money and enjoying my job. What was I thinking?
You guys know nothing about this, yet you are discouraging others to try. Your mothers must be so proud.

Why the chip on your shoulder? Tone it down. Nobody is saying you wasted any part of your life there.

Great if you have Captains bars. Is that alone supposed to be impressive?

Nobody is discouraging anyone, just stating cold hard facts.

Zap flies for a pretty reputable Corporate outfit and he is just stating some very obvious facts.

Take the 'type' of job out of the equation and what he says still rings true.

no benefits: strike 1
pay for your own training: strike 2

My "wasted" life was sarcasm, in which I am fluent. Theres no "chip", and the captains bars can be purchased by anybody with $6 to spend. My point was that while it's not perfect (what is?), it's a good job in a good location, and room to grow. If anyone thinks reimbursement is the same as PFT, well, we disagree. The interest spent on financing can be made up in a few tips.
This will be my last post on this thread, as I will not get into a pissing contest. I've received several PM's and encourage anyone else interested to do the same.

I'm not saying that the blue smock is impressive. What I am saying is that even that not so impressive job has benefits. According to your company website, they have been in business for 12 years and the owner has 25 years of charter experience. There is no excuse to not have benefits in this not so young company. A good friend of mine was caught up in the Lear charter world and finally got out because of stuff like this. But hey, here's to hoping you don't get sick. Nothing like telling someone what he needs to fight for only to have him defend the very company that is taking extreme advantage of him.

So what about the good pilots out there that can't get a loan for the training? Are they less qualified than the guy that can get a loan?

Seriously people? He is offering a nice opportunity for a job. I would bet that you would be able to pay for your own insurance and still bring home more than a first year regional job. Cut him some slack.

Seriously people? He is offering a nice opportunity for a job. I would bet that you would be able to pay for your own insurance and still bring home more than a first year regional job. Cut him some slack.

AMEN Cody! I am alway amazed at the bashing that goes on when someone is generous enough to advise the group of a job opportunity. I would certainly have second thoughts before posting an opportunity here. Not worth hearing everyones armchair assessment. For Pete's sake, If its not for you, then more on to the next post. For someone it could be the opportunity of a lifetime.

Already have had an email from the fellow acknowleding my resume and cover letter. Maybe I'll get the dream sooner then later! Am all for the said opportunity! Thanks and looking forward to establishing a professional connection.

Shiny Jet Syndrome: Being willing to fly an airplane for lower pay or substandard benefits, just to get a jump on your career.

Health insurance is the kicker. BCT is an expensive place to live. Take that plus the fact that you're going to have to buy your own insurance and you'll be flying for this guy for subsistence wages.

I'm not saying i've never done it, but I sure wouldn't do it again. Wish some of you would learn from my mistakes.

I've seen several people absolutely ruined by an illness because they didn't have insurance. A professional should have this at the very least. I can see if the place was just starting out but they aren't. In business for 12 years and touting their pilots is great but at least help these pilots that you count on.

People come on this site to get career advice. You have two very experienced pilots giving said advice and choose to call it bashing. In the end do what you want, just know that the first opportunity isn't always the best. My Lear charter friend went through several employers because of stuff like this that was only the tip of the iceberg. He finally got on with a very good outfit in a Gulfstream and is loving life. If you have 135 mins then you are marketable.

AMEN Cody! I am alway amazed at the bashing that goes on when someone is generous enough to advise the group of a job opportunity. I would certainly have second thoughts before posting an opportunity here. Not worth hearing everyones armchair assessment. For Pete's sake, If its not for you, then more on to the next post. For someone it could be the opportunity of a lifetime.

Both of you would benefit if you'd listen to the wisdom offered by these veterans.

I'm young and wouldn't do this based solely on having to pay for your type. Speaks volumes about the company and is total b.s. Top that all off with no benefits, screams red flag.

It's just fellow users looking out for each other. Not every job offer should be met with open arms. This isn't a take whatever job you can get type of industry or at least it shouldn't be.
The not answering people's concerns throws red flags on it's own. When you goto a job interview you should be interviewing the company as much as they are looking at you.

How is this PFT, exactly, Zap? Lots of corporate jobs require an SIC or PIC type before coming onboard. They are offering to reimburse you if you don't have it already.

Now, the other 2 "strikes" are valid concerns, but I can't possibly see how you can label this PFT.

How is this PFT, exactly, Zap? Lots of corporate jobs require an SIC or PIC type before coming onboard. They are offering to reimburse you if you don't have it already.

Now, the other 2 "strikes" are valid concerns, but I can't possibly see how you can label this PFT.

Those corporate jobs more than likely require time in type too. You think they went out and paid $2500 an hour to rent a Lear 55 so they could have time in type? NO, they were paid for their services and paid to earn their time on the company dime.

This is PFT because if you don't pay to play, no job. Plain and simple.

Back